Emmanuel Johnson- Transferring

codeblue

Varsity Lurker
Like Tucker's Daddy, this Daddy not happy after less than a year in a D-1 program on scholarship. A 6 month decision instead of a 40 year decision. Good luck to the kid, he is going to need it.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
- team gives up 121 points in 2 weeks
- player in question doesn’t see the field
- dad upset the team won’t make adjustments
- dad says other people know the kids talent
- dad says family decision coming
- player in question transfers

If we aren’t allowed to connect those dots then why even have threads on players.

Hope he finds what he’s looking for. The perpetual Tech quest for decent interior DL marches on.
Those bullets all make sense for a kid getting processed. They all make sense for a coaching staff that can't recognize talent. They all make sense for a kid that is simply immature and used to everything coming easy.

It becomes speculation when you connect those dots to draw a conclusion.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Those bullets all make sense for a kid getting processed. They all make sense for a coaching staff that can't recognize talent. They all make sense for a kid that is simply immature and used to everything coming easy.

...all of your possibilities point to the exact “speculation” that you’re refuting.

Without his dad’s tweet I can see what you’re trying to say (maybe you hadn’t seen it yet?), but this just seems like a weird hill to die on.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?

In that case, all decision making is speculation, and the term becomes meaningless.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Lol at these families controlling their kids while making irrational family decisions. I’m sure his future at SC State and Gleason’s at Toledo will pay off for them long term

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Someone should compare and contrast the long term success of guys like Albert Rocker, Osahon Tongo, Nate Cotrell, Tyler Cooksey, Ohmari Jarrett, Jaytlin Askew vs that of Jay Jones, Tucker Gleason, Emmanuel Johnson et al.

Which of those guys are making the best family decisions?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
...all of your possibilities point to the exact “speculation” that you’re refuting.
That does not make any sense. Why the scare quotes around speculation. What do they point to?
Without his dad’s tweet I can see what you’re trying to say (maybe you hadn’t seen it yet?), but this just seems like a weird hill to die on.
OK, I bite. Why exactly is he transferring?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Lol at these families controlling their kids while making irrational family decisions. I’m sure his future at SC State and Gleason’s at Toledo will pay off for them long term
Stop dude. Just stop. It shows a lot of ass to sit here and badmouth them for leaving.

What I really want to know is how do you know these guys weren't processed? Why assume this was them rejecting GT and not GT assessing them over the year and figuring out they were unlikely to help us OR figuring out they just are not a good fit/match?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
In that case, all decision making is speculation, and the term becomes meaningless.
I'm not being clear, apparently. Sorry about that.

I do not know the root cause of this young man or Gleason leaving. I have some tweets or whatever but the information contained in those tweets is one sided and not definitive. Even if I had "two sided" information that doesn't make it true. I can give an example of that if you need one.

I don't think anyone here has the access that can definitively say why these guys left.

Last edited:

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I am surprised that nobody on our coaching staff saw his talent level despite it being so obvious to his dad

Techbert

Dodd-Like
GTCrew does not like it when people

1610477827662.png

Can't say I like it either, particularly when the conclusions reached with no evidence are consistently twisted to be against our team.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Stop dude. Just stop. It shows a lot of ass to sit here and badmouth them for leaving.

What I really want to know is how do you know these guys weren't processed? Why assume this was them rejecting GT and not GT assessing them over the year and figuring out they were unlikely to help us OR figuring out they just are not a good fit/match?
None of these guys were processed. Get your panties out of a bunch; both guys overobsessive daddy’s were publically crying on message boards and social media less than 6 games into their college career, butthurt that their baby boy wasn’t a starter already. How many great players have we had that didn’t start as true freshman? Demaryius Thomas, Justin Thomas, Phillip Wheeler? I could name 50 more. Now they are going to guide their boys to terrible schools and sacrifice their education, all because daddy was upset. Woo, family decision baby!

gtrower

Dodd-Like
That does not make any sense. Why the scare quotes around speculation. What do they point to?
OK, I bite. Why exactly is he transferring?
I put the quotes around speculation because that’s what you called it. It’s not speculation. We observed that his fam wasn’t happy about his lack of playing time on a DL that wasn’t performing well. We know this because his dad decided to post it for the world to see.

Had his das not turned to Twitter to air his frustration, we might be left to speculate whether his fam was unhappy with his playing time.

Again, I get your point without the context of his dad’s tweet. Which I’m now speculating you didn’t know about at the time of your original post, but have decided to dig your heels in regardless of the context it adds.

Last edited:

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Who’s the last guy that left the program and actually did anything noteworthy? Colin peek?

and all it was was signing a FA contract

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
[
None of these guys were processed.
. How do you know that? If we are not processing players that would be shocking to me, not that I have any info that that happened to these guys. There isn't a coach in big boy football that doesn't process players. You have connections on the team that know we wanted these guys to stay?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I put the quotes around speculation because that’s what you called it. It’s not speculation. We observed that his fam wasn’t happy about his lack of playing time on a DL that wasn’t performing well. We know this because his dad decided to post it for the world to see.

Had his das not turned to Twitter to air his frustration, we might be left to speculate whether his fam was unhappy with his playing time.

Again, I get your point without the context of his dad’s tweet. Which I’m now speculating you didn’t know about at the time of your original post, but have decided to dig your heels in regardless of the context it adds.
Dad said it, rower believes it, that settles it.

This is completely unrelated, but I was reading about this concept called rationalization. It's fascinating.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
it doesn't make any sense to "process" a 1st year player who was a project all along, who has fantastic measurables but is just raw, who you just put a year's worth of S&C into, and who got 44 snaps last year.

you "process" kids (if you're going to do it) when their remaining potential is low or gone, options have been exhausted, they've been surpassed by younger players, etc.

none of that is the case with EJ.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
[
. How do you know that? If we are not processing players that would be shocking to me, not that I have any info that that happened to these guys. There isn't a coach in big boy football that doesn't process players. You have connections on the team that know we wanted these guys to stay?
Do you really not know how it works? Gleason quit mid season; nobody is “processing” players mid season.
Processing occurs post spring/summer when teams that oversigned have to squeeze to make numbers and depth charts become clear as to whom is buried and won’t see the field

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Do you really not know how it works? Gleason quit mid season; nobody is “processing” players mid season.
Processing occurs post spring/summer when teams that oversigned have to squeeze to make numbers and depth charts become clear as to whom is buried and won’t see the field
Gleason didn't quit mid season. And players most certainly do get processed before spring. Not saying Gleason did though.