Enjoying Clempson getting pummeled by OSU

Two more clarifications:
1) That was me saying I'll let this go. We can agree to keep being our respective stupid selves.
2) @rghoae you know what to do

Sounds like HLH. RIP.
Ded.

18_website_schedule_bufordbuzzard.jpg

It really seems like you're all going based on their performance over the course of the season, rather than how they're performing right now and that's completely baffling to me.
I cant factor in their play over the course of the season AND how they are playing now?

LSU shut down the rushing attack of both of the two top five teams they played in the last month. They gave up some yards through the air, but not nearly enough to make a difference as they won in blowout fashion. Maybe Etienne will break through where the others did not, I don't know. But I find their recent performances against the highest caliber competition far more relevant than statistics from up to three months ago.
Top flight? Georgia's rushing offense is #37, and total offense is 61st, so why be surprised they shut down Georgie? Is Alabama too far back? They gave up 41 vs Bama.

The only thing I can think of is that a lot of you didn't actually watch the Peach Bowl, you just saw that the Sooners scored a whole 28 points (which came after the rout was already on) and you assume, wrongly, that they meant anything. You're combining that with what you remember of watching them in October, and practically ancient season statistics. Honestly you sound like Clemson fans in denial of the monster you have to defend your title against, and I just don't understand why. I want Clemson to win too, but not so badly that I'm going to delude myself with obviously faulty logic.
Is any logic you don't agree with faulty? I think Oklahoma has a top offense cause they mostly play against ööööty defenses and when they met a good defense it went like expected. Georgie's offense is not top flight and even they'll admit that.

I think you believe Georgie and Oklahoma are much better than they actually are. And you seem to be underestimating how ridiculously good OSU was this year. Totally loaded with pro players on both sides of the ball.

OSU has a better defense than LSU and Clemson scored plenty of points.

Maybe you think its ancient history, but a few months ago LSU faced the best team on their schedule outside of Clemson. And they won in a shootout 46-41. And everyone said it would have been different if Alabama had had their star QB.

Clemson still has their star QB.

I need to work out of order here. I have also emboldenated the parts you just imagined I said or where you twisted my words or misrepresented what I said. This is fun, I feel like I'm a part of a discussion with a real adult except I don't hope someone breaks into your house and flays you alive tonight. That makes me a good person.
Is any logic you don't agree with faulty?
Christ. Somehow I saw this first, and I need to start here. But mostly I need to stress this, it is critically important that you don't kill yourself. Don't make it sloppy, and don't forget to smash that report button.

I cant factor in their play over the course of the season AND how they are playing now?
Of course you can. I hope you do both of those things, because I'm saying that you're not only not doing that, you're giving more weight to the less relevant numbers. If a 110 win baseball team's bats go cold on October 1st, the series they swept back in May won't help them.

Top flight? Georgia's rushing offense is #37, and total offense is 61st, so why be surprised they shut down Georgie? Is Alabama too far back? They gave up 41 vs Bama.
Read what I said again. Don't give up, words are hard.
I think Oklahoma has a top offense cause they mostly play against ööööty defenses and when they met a good defense it went like expected. Georgie's offense is not top flight and even they'll admit that.
Okay I lied, I can't do this. Your bait is terrible and I want to pretend you're not just saying whatever comes to mind like some robot designed to contradict people with random words and numbers. Oklahoma's got a great offense, except they don't, because they haven't played any good defenses. Except for LSU, which doesn't really have a good defense, even though it looked like they did when they raped and murdered 22 people in Atlanta this week. Dogs chase their tails, you talk in circles, I get it, do your thing, I'm all set.

I think you believe Georgie and Oklahoma are much better than they actually are. And you seem to be underestimating how ridiculously good OSU was this year. Totally loaded with pro players on both sides of the ball.
I think you think you're factoring in both hard numbers and the eye test, but all you're doing is picking which parts of each you think support your ideas. What ööööing difference does it make how many pro players they have? How many points do they award for that? Is LSU short on high caliber talent? Should we consider that the Peach Bowl has been around longer than the Fiesta and therefore just means more?

I didn't read the rest of your post and I gave up on this around the time I realize you were the only one talking. It's like I was waiting at a bar for my date and some guy stumbled out of the bathroom, threw up in my drink and asked me for my counterpoint.

iu

Is any logic you don't agree with faulty? I think Oklahoma has a top offense cause they mostly play against ööööty defenses and when they met a good defense it went like expected. Georgie's offense is not top flight and even they'll admit that.

OSU has a better defense than LSU and Clemson scored plenty of points.

Maybe you think its ancient history, but a few months ago LSU faced the best team on their schedule outside of Clemson. And they won in a shootout 46-41. And everyone said it would have been different if Alabama had had their star QB.

Clemson still has their star QB.

You don’t remember Tua playing in that game?

I think everyone here is underestimating the home field advantage LSU will have. You know how nobody ever wins night games in Death Valley...?

If Dabo pulls this one off, it will be his most impressive victory of his career. And he’s had several awesome wins. Just my opinion.

I think everyone here is underestimating the home field advantage LSU will have. You know how nobody ever wins night games in Death Valley...?

If Dabo pulls this one off, it will be his most impressive victory of his career. And he’s had several awesome wins. Just my opinion.
This is essentially all I'm trying to say, and you put it better than I did in one short post.

It's not home field advantage. Home field advantage is 90% of the fans pulling for LSU

It's not home field advantage. Home field advantage is 90% of the fans pulling for LSU
The game is in the Superdome. I’d say it’s gonna be 70% LSU.

Anyhow, should be some good threads on Clemson boards After the game because LSU has some great/weird/and truly godawful fans.

I'm not. I've been to many games in death valley. I do expect the tickets will be expensive and with Clemson having two recent championships the crowd will be slightly more yellow than purple.

All I see is an idiot screaming about LSU being unbeatable because they beat a very, very overrated UGA team and then routed a team that had a great season but isnt in the same discussion as the top 3 teams.

Vegas has it as +5.5 iirc, which is a very competitive number, and similar to the number from last year. I think Clemson will actually win, just like last year, because I believe they are a more complete team than LSU. They have no weakness to exploit.

I think having been there is the big advantage people are missing wrt Clemson.

I would predict a great contest, similar to the LSU Alabama game from this year. I could see LSU pulling it out. They seem like a team of destiny. But acting like Clemson has no chance is ööööing ignorant. They've won 30 something straight and have a top 3 offense and top 3 defense. They ain't Cumberland.

The game is in the Superdome. I’d say it’s gonna be 70% LSU.

Anyhow, should be some good threads on Clemson boards After the game because LSU has some great/weird/and truly godawful fans.
No way it is 70% LSU. Probably 30% Clemson. 45% LSU. 25% rich assholes rooting for neither there to get drunk in New Orleans

unbeatable
This is all I'm going to say because I'm honestly in-real-life suspicious that you have some kind of mental disorder that allows you to see something you disagree with and distort it in real time so that it becomes something else, words that are not there, meanings that are not even implied. It's not just here, I've seen you do it all over this board and I'm not going to contribute to it. It's almost like you're aware of it, because you went to the trouble of bolding that word for me, but I really don't think you are. Now I feel kind of sad for you, which is gross because I think you're a waste of life and I wish you were dead. Seriously, give the thing some thought, you're seeing things that simply are not there.

Back