Enjoying Clempson getting pummeled by OSU

No one can stop Burrow. He's the most dominant QB since Cam Newton. LSU will win easily

Can you, or anyone who thinks Clemson wins, tell me how you see this happening? I want to believe.
Clemson has Dabo Swinney. Trevor Lawrence is better than Burrow (I think Burrow has better skill position players). The Clemson secondary can match up with the LSU wideouts. Pressure of playing in front of home crowd for national title will weigh heavily against LSU, the underdog mentality Clemson has championed will continue to be used.

Can you, or anyone who thinks Clemson wins, tell me how you see this happening? I want to believe.
Why? Because the LSU defense aint all that.

Sure the LSU offense will be the best unit on the field, but shouldnt the LSU defense be the worst of the four?

Wait, you did not see the pregame interview where both quarterbacks said they would be at Georgia Tech right now if not for the triple option?

Tell 'em there's something called a transfer portal now.

Why? Because the LSU defense aint all that.

Sure the LSU offense will be the best unit on the field, but shouldnt the LSU defense be the worst of the four?
It really seems like you're all going based on their performance over the course of the season, rather than how they're performing right now and that's completely baffling to me. LSU shut down the rushing attack of both of the two top five teams they played in the last month. They gave up some yards through the air, but not nearly enough to make a difference as they won in blowout fashion. Maybe Etienne will break through where the others did not, I don't know. But I find their recent performances against the highest caliber competition far more relevant than statistics from up to three months ago.

The only thing I can think of is that a lot of you didn't actually watch the Peach Bowl, you just saw that the Sooners scored a whole 28 points (which came after the rout was already on) and you assume, wrongly, that they meant anything. You're combining that with what you remember of watching them in October, and practically ancient season statistics. Honestly you sound like Clemson fans in denial of the monster you have to defend your title against, and I just don't understand why. I want Clemson to win too, but not so badly that I'm going to delude myself with obviously faulty logic.

LSU due to have a let down? :dunno:
This is a far more sound line of reasoning than any of the other answers I got. Is it that I have the audacity to say that the thing most of us are hoping for might not happen? Are we just doing the angry Tech fan routine with Clemson's game since our season is over? Someone help me understand.

LSU would lose to either OSU or Clemson.

That's what the LSU/OSU was supposed to be - an audition to lose to either Clemson or OSU

It really seems like you're all going based on their performance over the course of the season, rather than how they're performing right now and that's completely baffling to me. LSU shut down the rushing attack of both of the two top five teams they played in the last month. They gave up some yards through the air, but not nearly enough to make a difference as they won in blowout fashion. Maybe Etienne will break through where the others did not, I don't know. But I find their recent performances against the highest caliber competition far more relevant than statistics from up to three months ago.

The only thing I can think of is that a lot of you didn't actually watch the Peach Bowl, you just saw that the Sooners scored a whole 28 points (which came after the rout was already on) and you assume, wrongly, that they meant anything. You're combining that with what you remember of watching them in October, and practically ancient season statistics. Honestly you sound like Clemson fans in denial of the monster you have to defend your title against, and I just don't understand why. I want Clemson to win too, but not so badly that I'm going to delude myself with obviously faulty logic.

jesus you really care a lot about this. ööööem both

Back