Enjoying Clempson getting pummeled by OSU

The Jacket

The Coat
Exact same post from last year before they played Bama
Cool man thanks fantastic your input is always appreciated really great to hear from you again

Exactly what I was thinking. I remember no one giving Clemson much of a chance last year and they came out and made Alabama look like the cupcake.

But Clemson did have a better defensive line last year.
Well since this is literally 2018 and literally 2018 Clemson vs 2018 Alabama-Disguised-As-LSU, I guess something as trivial as loss in talent on something as stupid as the """defense line"""""""""" or whatever you called it, probably doesn't really even merit a mention so don't bring it up shut the öööö up thanks for your help I am learning a lot

Clemson #1 in the country in total defense
Ohio State #2 in the country in total defense
LSU not top 30 in total defense.
Oklahoma has given up big points all season.
Clemson has faced the toughest defense they will face all season
Clemson by 10
But Oklahoma was #2 in offense, and that not-top-30 (re: #32) total defense of LSU's smothered them from the first play. Those kinds of stats don't seem particularly indicative of anything in this kind of postseason, to me. The Ohio State defense I watched last night paled in comparison to LSU's yesterday and they still got to Lawrence and smacked him around. This is the biggest thing to me, if LSU does to Clemson what they did to Oklahoma, and what Ohio State did to Clemson early, I don't see that psychopath Burrow giving the Tigers a chance to catch up. Nor do I see Lawrence surfing across a green sea for massive runs like he did last night, juking a linebacker out of his shoes.

Exact same post from last year before they played Bama
Just wanted to tell you thanks again! your attention means a lot and I enjoy our time together hope a tree falls on your house and kills you in your sleep tonight hope you have a good and productive morning talk to you later take care okay bye

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Don't forget, LSU will NOT be playing in their home away from home, where they never lose, and often shred the opponent, the Georgia Dome/MB stadium. They killed us there in the Peach Bowl. They destroyed Miami there in the Peach Bowl. They murdered UGAg in the SECc there. They went off on Oklahoma at the Peach Bowl last night. They love playing in ATL. It must be the escape from Baton Rouge.

The Jacket

The Coat
after watching LSU yesterday, it’s a tough argument to make. Possibly Clemson confuses Burrow early and Lawrence gets the vertical passing game going with some quick strike TDs.....then CU/LSU trade scores the rest of the game and CU barely hangs on.

Probably not going to happen but That’s all I got.
Am I the only one who's seeing posts get shuffled around? This didn't show up at all for me a few minutes ago.

I agree with you on the skeleton of what a Clemson win would look like. I think Clemson can keep up with them offensively if LSU isn't the world-devouring defense from the Peach Bowl, Lawrence is every bit good enough. But I also think the first quarter could easily decide this game and if so, it won't be in Clemson's favor.

The Jacket

The Coat
Don't forget, LSU will NOT be playing in their home away from home, where they never lose, and often shred the opponent, the Georgia Dome/MB stadium. They killed us there in the Peach Bowl. They destroyed Miami there in the Peach Bowl. They murdered UGAg in the SECc there. They went off on Oklahoma at the Peach Bowl last night. They love playing in ATL. It must be the escape from Baton Rouge.
Have they ever lost in Atlanta?

The Jacket

The Coat
Sadly, we've never won the Peach, but IDK. Doesn't appear they have ever lost, except maybe at Grant Field.
Yeah they've definitely lost at Grant Field. My bad, I just meant neutral site games, Peach Bowl, Dome, etc. None come to mind but I'm probably forgetting an SEC championship game. I think they've beaten Tennessee in the SECCG here once or twice.

2012......lost to......... Clemson in the peach
:lol: w e w l a d

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Cool man thanks fantastic your input is always appreciated really great to hear from you again

Well since this is literally 2018 and literally 2018 Clemson vs 2018 Alabama-Disguised-As-LSU, I guess something as trivial as loss in talent on something as stupid as the """defense line"""""""""" or whatever you called it, probably doesn't really even merit a mention so don't bring it up shut the öööö up thanks for your help I am learning a lot

But Oklahoma was #2 in offense, and that not-top-30 (re: #32) total defense of LSU's smothered them from the first play. Those kinds of stats don't seem particularly indicative of anything in this kind of postseason, to me. The Ohio State defense I watched last night paled in comparison to LSU's yesterday and they still got to Lawrence and smacked him around. This is the biggest thing to me, if LSU does to Clemson what they did to Oklahoma, and what Ohio State did to Clemson early, I don't see that psychopath Burrow giving the Tigers a chance to catch up. Nor do I see Lawrence surfing across a green sea for massive runs like he did last night, juking a linebacker out of his shoes.

Just wanted to tell you thanks again! your attention means a lot and I enjoy our time together hope a tree falls on your house and kills you in your sleep tonight hope you have a good and productive morning talk to you later take care okay bye
You need some cranberry juice or something?

JJacket

Btw, we are 12-7 all time against LSU. We have lost 5iar in the series and 6 of the last 7. We dominated them until the early 60's when something happened that put GT football in a tailspin. Dammit. If Collins can ever build us back to what GT football was, then he should have the stadium renamed after him.

It took Clemson a while. Dabo built the program over this past decade to what it is now. We have been digressing.

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The money we get from a Clemson win last night is the only thing a Tech fan should appreciate about the event. LSU looks confident, perhaps over confident. I would not bet against Clemson in the big game. I would enjoy watching Finebaum's head explode.

Go Jackets!

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I’m getting the game I wanted. LSU and Clemson is a dream matchup for the championship game. LSU is likable as far as SEC teams go and Clemson is our brother in arms.

I’m looking forward to this one.
Me, too. I only put 9 confidence points (out of 40) on it but I'm leading my football pool and have Clemson beating LSU for the championship. They could be part of a $1800 payday if things continue to go the way of my picks in the many remaining games.

The Jacket

The Coat
The money we get from a Clemson win last night is the only thing a Tech fan should appreciate about the event. LSU looks confident, perhaps over confident. I would not bet against Clemson in the big game. I would enjoy watching Finebaum's head explode.

Go Jackets!
I don't understand the folks who think unconditional hatred of Clemson is supposed to be some fundamental principle of being a Tech fan. I've never had anything but good experiences with their fans and it's not like their dominance over us in football is a tradition. Their dominance over us began simultaneously with their dominance nationally. We beat them twice in heartbreaking fashion in 2009, once for the conference crown, and they were nothing but gracious. They are the anti-Georgia as far as I'm concerned. And, as you alluded to, outside of our head to head matchups, what's good for one is generally good for the other. I was pulling for Clemson and their clown head coach last night and I'll keep pulling for them until we can supplant them.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Btw, we are 12-7 all time against LSU. We have lost 5iar in the series and 6 of the last 7. We dominated them until the early 60's when something happened that put GT football in a tailspin. Dammit. If Collins can ever build us back to what GT football was, then he should have the stadium renamed after him.

It took Clemson a while. Dabo built the program over this past decade to what it is now. We have been digressing.
We can't get back to what Tech once was, but it would be nice to regain some relevance. It's like Fordham or Princeton regaining past glory. I like the vision and the practical plan. I think we will be competitive again very soon. We should be improved and our division is ca-ca right now.

The Jacket

The Coat
We can't get back to what Tech once was, but it would be nice to regain some relevance. It's like Fordham or Princeton regaining past glory. I like the vision and the practical plan. I think we will be competitive again very soon. We should be improved and our division is ca-ca right now.
You legitimately just can't help yourself, can you?

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I don't understand the folks who think unconditional hatred of Clemson is supposed to be some fundamental principle of being a Tech fan. I've never had anything but good experiences with their fans and it's not like their dominance over us in football is a tradition. Their dominance over us began simultaneously with their dominance nationally. We beat them twice in heartbreaking fashion in 2009, once for the conference crown, and they were nothing but gracious. They are the anti-Georgia as far as I'm concerned. And, as you alluded to, outside of our head to head matchups, what's good for one is generally good for the other. I was pulling for Clemson and their clown head coach last night and I'll keep pulling for them until we can supplant them.
This. Always felt Clempsen was a good rival, but never hated them. Going back to Frank Howard days, they are decent folks and now are enjoying something that has been years in the making. We can definitely learn from their example. It starts with upgrading the coaching and recruiting. I think we are doing that.

JJacket

There’s some good schadenfreude to be had reading the OSU message boards.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...-just-happened-bros-healing-thread-141236960/
. Officiating should never swing games as much as it did tonight. Targeting should not be 15 yards. Eject? Fine? Dont give them a first down because it did not affect the outcome of the play. 15 yards and first down is illogical. Football and sports that are controlled by human refs will always be flawed. This type of game is why i feel solace in playing chess. In chess, there is no human referee changing the momentum of the game. The rules are fixed. God damn american football and honestly sports in general. Im still damn proud of this team!
Just this whole post is "wtf?"