Eric Singleton is at home.

He should be getting NIL money, he's earned it. I just hope we have enough in the bank to retain him and similar athletes until graduation.
Yea. This seems like the playbook. Perform well and get some NIL.
I think the interesting situations would be like a Miles Brooks. Performed great as a SO; got some NIL then had a not great year. Are we still prioritizing getting him NIL for 24 or are we diverting that $$ to Singleton, Haynes, King, OL, Biggers/Lockett, transfers?

How much NIL money does a Mod get?
aWQuZ2lm.gif

Our mods are proof of the validity of the Peter Principle.

I dunno if there was anything concrete. We just know that schools are going to try and poach any of our standout players, so the concern is always there whenever we have a guy overachieve.

Agreed there & that's always in the back of our minds. For Singleton I have felt like, as the season goes along, he would be likely poached after year 2. He had a good, not great year as a fresh, but year 2 with King should see him explode & thats when the factories will come a calling on the back channels all year lol.

You guys gotta just accept the new landscape and realize the old days are over where you can use this year to get excited about next year. Any player can leave at any point as we saw a few months ago with Stone. Players can post whatever they post today and be gone in a month. Every year and every game is now a self contained event.

You guys gotta just accept the new landscape and realize the old days are over where you can use this year to get excited about next year. Any player can leave at any point as we saw a few months ago with Stone. Players can post whatever they post today and be gone in a month. Every year and every game is now a self contained event.

The “new landscape” was to our benefit last season and it will be again.

The “new landscape” was to our benefit last season and it will be again.
I have to admit I was way off base - I figured this was going to gut our program. But for Cabrera's phone recall meeting, it probably would have.

Back