ESPN Mag Making Stuff Up

AE 87

Dodd-Like
Some dude named Ryan McGee wrote an article for ESPN Magazine on BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah (LINK).

In the article he quotes Uzzi:
Omoregie Uzzi, Georgia Tech right guard
"As complicated as people think our offense option is, the goal is really simple: All of us on the offensive line just look across to see who we're facing and say, 'Okay, that's the guy I have to beat on this play.' We're constantly sizing players up, and it takes a lot to surprise me. I'm 6'3", 300 pounds -- not a giant, but not small either. Well, we lined up against BYU [on Oct. 27, 2012] and I saw this 6'5" guy standing in. I thought, Whoa! I looked over at [left guard] Shaquille Mason and was like, 'Good luck, dude.' Ansah killed us. He was all over the place all day. But the crazy thing was, the whole time he was smiling and very polite, like, 'This is fun; thank you for playing with us today.' You don't want to like a guy who is beating up on you, but you couldn't help it with him."

The following tweets came in response:

Omoregie Uzzi ‏@Uzzi_LaFlare 15h
Definitely don't remember doing an interview w/ @ESPNMcGee... Don't know why words i never said were quoted

Will Jackson ‏@WillJackson52 15h
@Uzzi_LaFlare @ESPNMcGee The guard in our offense blocks a 4i maybe 15% of the time. Also, those quotes sound nothing like anything ud say.

Shaq Mason ‏@ShaqDiesel_70 15h
@Uzzi_LaFlare lmao I don't remember you saying good luck bruh

smh

I just watched season 5 of the Wire again the other day. Can't help but picture that guy.

Uzzi Tweet:

@ESPNMcGee Apparently there's a misunderstanding. I have never spoken to you. I did NOT make the quote you've accredited to me.

McLiar Tweet:

@Uzzi_LaFlare Sorry for the confusion, but we did talk. It's just been a while. It was the week of the ACC Championship.
It's about to get real...

24lIL06.jpg

He's a NASCAR fan and I find zero evidence he attended college. Probably a DWAG.

probably more like this

@Uzzi_LaFlare : Don't you remember when you said that he was a pretty good player and tough competitor? Same thing. #nowhowmuchisitgonnacosttohushyouup

Back