ESPN Mag Making Stuff Up

WRONG.
Against a 5-0 defense (or what people who don't know football call a 3-4), depending on what side of the protection they are on, one OT will have the 4i/5 tech DEnd and the other tackle will slide out to the OLB. It looks like the slide was going to the right because Beno took his 4 tech and #72 Bailey slid out to the OLB who dropped. Tevin shouldve stepped up on this play.

So by design the ot is taught to stand there with his Dick in hand while his guard gets beat to the edge just because the olb dropped? I don't know about you, but I don't remember any of the protection schemes I learned where the tackle stepped in front of the guard while I was in the pocket. I wouldn't consider myself well versed on protection schemes, though.

I am just glad that finally after watching football, listening to analyst, broadcasters, sports talk hosts, and players talk football for 20 ööööing years that I finally found out what the 3/4 defense is really supposed to be called.

Ask what our coaches call it. Matter of fact, tweet PJ, he'll tell you. Bet you won't.

So by design the ot is taught to stand there with his Dick in hand while his guard gets beat to the edge just because the olb dropped? I don't know about you, but I don't remember any of the protection schemes I learned where the tackle stepped in front of the guard while I was in the pocket. I wouldn't consider myself well versed on protection schemes, though.

No, but Bailey should have helped Uzzi once he realized that OLB dropped. Because our OL are in pretty much defensive line stances, it is virtually impossible to set vertically (completely perpendicular to the LOS) down the field (see Bailey's path). If he were to set straight back, Bailey would be able to help uzzi much more, perhaps even take over the man.

Ask what our coaches call it. Matter of fact, tweet PJ, he'll tell you. Bet you won't.

tumblr_m5ru2fJ7im1qzbs6po1_500.jpg

Back