ESPN Mag Making Stuff Up

Ryan McGee, ESPN Mag writer
"As complicated as people think our magazine is, the goal is really simple: All of us on the staff just look across to see who we're facing and say, 'Okay, that's the guy I have to ask a question.' We're constantly sizing players up, and it takes a lot to surprise me. I'm 5'1", 133 pounds -- not a giant, but not small either. Well, we lined up against GT [on Oct. 27, 2012] and I saw this 6'3" guy standing in. I thought, Whoa! I looked over at [left guard] Shaquille Mason and he was like, 'Good luck, dude.' Uzzi killed us. He was all over the place all day. But the crazy thing was, the whole time he was smiling and very polite, like, 'This is fun; thank you for interviewing us today.' You don't want to like a guy who is beating up on you, but you couldn't help it with him."

The solution is quite easy - someone from the Technique needs to write up the interview where Ryan McGee says ESPN has no interest in objectively reporting sports,

I don't think that is a possibility. For one thing, to sue for slander requires demonstrating that the quote caused financial damage. And even if it did, it ultimately becomes one person's word against another, without any way to prove what actually happened. This is really just an issue of journalist ethics.

if Uzzi can prove that his draft stock was hurt because a national magazine lied and made his knowledge of his own offense look like complete crap...he may have a case???

The solution is quite easy - someone from the Technique needs to write up the interview where Ryan McGee says ESPN has no interest in objectively reporting sports,

Is there anyone who thinks ESPN has any interest whatsoever in objectively covering sports?

if Uzzi can prove that his draft stock was hurt because a national magazine lied and made his knowledge of his own offense look like complete crap...he may have a case???

I think this is what's got Uzzi tweaked the most. From his perspective...

He's fighting for draft spot, and ESPN Mag comes out with quotes from him basically questioning his own ability to block NFL caliber DL.

It's a big deal.

I think this is what's got Uzzi tweaked the most. From his perspective...

He's fighting for draft spot, and ESPN Mag comes out with quotes from him basically questioning his own ability to block NFL caliber DL.

It's a big deal.

This. It really does make Uzzi look bad

More concerning to me than the misquote is the apparent bribery attempt. That's really unethical.

And quote him as saying "I routinely make öööö up as part of my job because I'm a subpar journalist."

Ryan McGee is a cock-loving lying bastard. I hope he burns in Hell. If I ever see him in public, I will öööö punt his NASCAR-blogging ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan McGee is a cock-loving lying bastard. I hope he burns in Hell. If I ever see him in public, I will öööö punt his NASCAR-blogging ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tweet him that...

I know we're all up in arms at this guy...but am I the only one who thinks it's a possibility that maybe Uzzi said that and just forgot he said it?

I know we're all up in arms at this guy...but am I the only one who thinks it's a possibility that maybe Uzzi said that and just forgot he said it?

It's possible. What's odd is that from not only Uzzi's reaction but also his teammates and GTAA employee's reaction that the words and phrases are totally out of character of him makes me think the conversation happened, Uzzi forgot about it, and the dickweek embellished what Uzzi actually said.

It's possible. What's odd is that from not only Uzzi's reaction but also his teammates and GTAA employee's reaction that the words and phrases are totally out of character of him makes me think the conversation happened, Uzzi forgot about it, and the dickweek embellished what Uzzi actually said.

That's probably a fair speculation...but we've got a bit of a lynch mob going on in here. People talking about suing this dude and wanting him to burn in hell.

That's probably a fair speculation...but we've got a bit of a lynch mob going on in here. People talking about suing this dude and wanting him to burn in hell.

Hell yeah. I have my pitchfork and I am ready for shenanigans.

Back