ESPN Power Rankings

I heard Georgia lost an entire harras of running backs
Lost two of the best ever, #2 and #3 all time behind Walker. But a couple of five-stars replace them. Next man up. And it's the same way with Tech, right? I have yet to see Paul Johnson field a team without great backs for option. We all obsess over who our rivals are losing, and unless the recruiting is very inconsistent, it's never a big deal. UGA will be fine at running back--the big loss is Roquan on defense. He can't be replaced.

They say that all men are created equal, but you look at Tech and you look at the dawgs and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But we’re geniuses and our offense is not standard!

So georgia has a 25%, AT BEST, at beating us. Then you add our new Defensive Coordinator to the mix, their chances of winning drastically go down.
See between the 3 coaches on the field, georgia has a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but we have a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kirby Smart KNOWS he can't beat us with his own players and he's not even gonna try!

So Georgia will take their 33 1/3 chance, minus our 25% chance and they have an 8 1/3 chance of winning against CPJ and Woody. But then take CPJ’s 75% chance of winning and then add 66 2/3 per cents, we have a 141 2/3 chance of winning this fall.

See mutt, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you this fall.

I believe this is the Scott Steiner theory of win probability correlated to our 2018 season. Very nice work.

It's not just that the dwags are losing an unusually large number of seniors. They are losing an unusually large number of good, experienced players. I don't doubt that they have plenty of athletes with similar high school star ratings to replace them, but it is unlikely that those ratings will equate to equal college performance. Inexperience, injuries, and discipline issues, will most likely translate into a step back. The planets don't line up regularly for many teams, especially the dwags.

Lost two of the best ever, #2 and #3 all time behind Walker. But a couple of five-stars replace them. Next man up. And it's the same way with Tech, right? I have yet to see Paul Johnson field a team without great backs for option. We all obsess over who our rivals are losing, and unless the recruiting is very inconsistent, it's never a big deal. UGA will be fine at running back--the big loss is Roquan on defense. He can't be replaced.

I don't obsess over the stupid dwags.

that said, You guys also lost Jacob Eason Christ! Christ died, Christ rose, Christ got the öööö out of Athens!!

I was just teasing about the "lost 30 starters" gaff. I have no doubt UGA will be good to go at RB.

My love/hate as a Bears fan was getting Leonard Floyd two years ago and now Roquan Smith this year. Both great players. Smith reminds me a lot of young Urlacher. He's a little small for the position, plays like a hybrid linebacker/safety, and he makes plays all over the field. I think he has a bright future ahead in the NFL and am glad the Bears picked him up.

I was just teasing about the "lost 30 starters" gaff. I have no doubt UGA will be good to go at RB.

My love/hate as a Bears fan was getting Leonard Floyd two years ago and now Roquan Smith this year. Both great players. Smith reminds me a lot of young Urlacher. He's a little small for the position, plays like a hybrid linebacker/safety, and he makes plays all over the field. I think he has a bright future ahead in the NFL and am glad the Bears picked him up.
Roquan is more amazing than any defensive player I've seen in fifty years for UGA. He's a Dawg, but you'll forget that quickly. I like the Bears and look forward to seeing what happens with that defense. Kind of cool that the Butkus winner would actually be a Bear.

By the way there were not 7 but 32 rounds in the draft during some of the 1940s! And each draft has a Wikipedia page, which surprised me. You can look through a lot of the years and see where a lot of Tech players were drafted. In the forties and fifties, lots and lots of GT players, of course.

I don't obsess over the stupid dwags.

that said, You guys also lost Jacob Eason Christ! Christ died, Christ rose, Christ got the öööö out of Athens!!
Yep, good point. Nice to have interchangeable Christs at quarterback as we do.
He’s not the first or last Christ for Walker’s sake
We're scouting several promising ninth and tenth grade Christs right now. Actually changing the name of the position from QB to JC, which helps attract 'em.

Just how many starters do teams have? Not 22? Or are the Dawgs worried about losing 'special teams' starters?
Sometimes when UGA plays us I feel like they have 44 starters.

At least 22 + officials most times.

Back