ESPN's Way too early Preseason top 25

Tech wins a New Years Six bowl in a dominant performance.
Tech beats UGA and they lose their starting QB for next year... they are still 11 spots ahead.
Auburn and Ole Miss both lost their bowl games (well Ole Miss took it up the rear and looked like an FCS team), and they get ahead of us.
We are one lousy spot ahead of freaking Tennessee.

I don't know why this crap still pisses me off, because I wouldn't expect much different from the media, especially ESPN.

Tech beats UGA and they lose their starting QB for next year... they are still 11 spots ahead.
Auburn and Ole Miss both lost their bowl games (well Ole Miss took it up the rear and looked like an FCS team), and they get ahead of us.

I don't know why this crap still pisses me off, because I wouldn't expect much different from the media, especially ESPN.

I think everything behind us is pure wild ass guessing.

The good news is that Notre Dame could potentially be a top 10 team when we play them. Beating a top 10 team in South Bend is a feather in the hat for our December resume.

Cause we keep hoping it's going to change even though we know it never? But yeah SECSPN sucks. I like how USCw is top 5. For what?

I agree it's annoying, but who cares? We were unheralded/unranked most of the year last year and everything turned out OK. Keep winning and folks outside ATL will come around. We've done it one year...good for us, but we need to keep the train chugging along.

We knocked Miss State clear out of the rankings.

That was the first thing I noticed.

I didn't expect us to be top 10, though I do think we are deserving of being higher on this list. You can't change everyone's perception in one year, but the good news is we definitely changed some people's perceptions of this team. I'm excited to see what happens when we beat Ugag and win the OB two years in a row.

Let's just be as good next year as we were last year and we'll have to find something else to discuss. I'm good with this as it stands in February.

Way too early and even preseason rankings are a mix of last year's performance and brand perception. Just win, baby.

So If I'm reading this correctly (and I am)...

'14 Final Coaches Top 10.............'15 Preseason Top 10
1. OSU......................................OSU
2. Oregon..................................TCU
3. TCU.......................................USC
4. Alabama.................................Alabama
5. Michigan State........................Baylor
6. Florida State...........................Oregon
7. Georgia Tech..........................Michigan State
8. Baylor....................................Georgia
9. Georgia..................................UCLA
10. UCLA....................................Clemson

So the only teams that finished in the Top 10 that aren't in the preseason Top 10 are ACC teams. FSU falls 9 spots to #15 and Tech falls 12 spots to #19. What a joke.

And they must have forgot Clemson isn't an SEC team. They lose 11/18 off their OL/DL two-deep including 7/9 starters. Yes you read that correctly, they lose 7/9 of their starting linemen. Also lose 8/11 defensive starters. And then move up 5 spots. Makes sense.

And they must have forgot Clemson isn't an SEC team. They lose 11/18 off their OL/DL two-deep including 7/9 starters. Yes you read that correctly, they lose 7/9 of their starting linemen. Also lose 8/11 defensive starters. And then move up 5 spots. Makes sense.

All aboard the Deshaun Watson hype train. choo choo

Schlabach fellates his miserable alma mater, yet again. He's a turd and his analyst skills are crap.

The Yellow Jackets signed a recruiting class that once again was filled with three-star recruits and ranked in the middle of the ACC. Now watch Johnson and his staff win 10 games again with them.

Expect 10 wins, rank #19. We're next year's Wisconsin. It is what it is.

Also, CTRL+F Oklahoma, not found in rankings. Times, they is a changin'.

EDIT: Or Arizona, depending upon which rankings you use. Never realized how far apart the CFP and AP rankings were at the end of last season.

Can't be right. Only 2 SEC teams in the top 10. He should probably expect a call from his boss about this

All aboard the Deshaun Watson hype train. choo choo

So in summary for Clemson...

- 0-3 against ranked teams (all finished in Top 10).
- DL loses 4/4 starters and 6/8 on 2-deep.
- OL loses 3/5 starters and 5/10 on 2-deep.
- Defense loses 8/11 starters.
- True-sophomore QB who missed half the season with two separate injuries will miss spring practice.

To be honest I'm kind of happy they are so hyped though. If they can get past @Louisville and ND then were going to have a great chance to knock off a Top 5 team on the road. They are going to have a lot of defensive players getting their first significant PT against our offense. And we'll see if Watson can even make it to Week 6 let alone flourish under a new OC.

Back