ESPN's Way too early Preseason top 25

To play devil's advocate, you could look at GT's last 5 years and say last year was a fluke which will regress to the 7/8 win mean (see 2009 / 2010). Then you look at the roster and see that virtually everyone not named Justin Thomas who touched the ball last year is gone. Given that situation, #19 is fair, if not generous.

What you don't see if you're Joe Schmo ESPN analyst is that Paul Johnson' offense, unlike almost all other offenses in Division I, doesn't depend on talent but execution, specifically blocking schemes. Virtually all of the blockers are back. Also, you miss that the difference between a NY6 bowl and a CFP bowl was defense, and almost all of Roof's defense is back.

Why tennessee? They literally just make up an sec team to hype pre season. Whether its bc of an overrated recruiting class or the next herschel they never fail to dissappoint. Espn will write it off on having a hard schedule. The sec bias is so comical even most outsiders (west coast and whatnot) are starting to realize it.

To play devil's advocate, you could look at GT's last 5 years and say last year was a fluke which will regress to the 7/8 win mean (see 2009 / 2010). Then you look at the roster and see that virtually everyone not named Justin Thomas who touched the ball last year is gone. Given that situation, #19 is fair, if not generous.

What you don't see if you're Joe Schmo ESPN analyst is that Paul Johnson' offense, unlike almost all other offenses in Division I, doesn't depend on talent but execution, specifically blocking schemes. Virtually all of the blockers are back. Also, you miss that the difference between a NY6 bowl and a CFP bowl was defense, and almost all of Roof's defense is back.

Jabari is a big x-factor as well. If he can come in and produce at a high level, suddenly our DL looks pretty formidable. Gotsis, Gamble, and Freeman are all seasoned guys coming into '15. There aren't too many ACC teams with more experience/talent in their starting front 4.

I don't know why this crap still pisses me off, because I wouldn't expect much different from the media, especially ESPN.

All that matters is starting the year ranked. Won't take 6 weeks of winning to crack the top 25 like every other year... It's when you start totally unranked that you really get the shaft.

Side note....I love it when an 0-1 team is ranked, it makes total sense.

Why tennessee? They literally just make up an sec team to hype pre season. Whether its bc of an overrated recruiting class or the next herschel they never fail to dissappoint. Espn will write it off on having a hard schedule. The sec bias is so comical even most outsiders (west coast and whatnot) are starting to realize it.

Mizzou and UT are the #1 and #2 of the east this year. UT is loaded with talent and will challenge for the east title, with Mizzou slightly favored to win it again. Both will be head and shoulders above the rest of the east. Not sure why anyone thinks UGA will play better next year than this year, I'd expect worse given losing Bobo.

Seriously though, UT is about to dominate the east for the next couple of years.

The Yellow Jackets signed a recruiting class that once again was filled with three-star recruits and ranked in the middle of the ACC. Now watch Johnson and his staff win 10 games again with them.

That quote sounds pretty condescending......

Tech wins a New Years Six bowl in a dominant performance.
Tech beats UGA and they lose their starting QB for next year... they are still 11 spots ahead.
Auburn and Ole Miss both lost their bowl games (well Ole Miss took it up the rear and looked like an FCS team), and they get ahead of us.
We are one lousy spot ahead of freaking Tennessee.

I don't know why this crap still pisses me off, because I wouldn't expect much different from the media, especially ESPN.

when we start having top 25 seasons back to back, they'll start ranking us higher than our recruiting ranking would indicate. Next season will put the team through that test.

Beat uga 2 years in a row and you'll see us ranked higher than them with JT5 in his senior year.

But these things are BS anyway. Beat all your opponents and make the playoff. With our strength of schedule next year, they would be facing the biggest nerd riot this country's ever seen, if we're undefeated and not in the playoffs. Until then I wouldn't worry about it.

That quote sounds pretty condescending......

It's Schlabach. He can't give us anything but a backhanded compliment.

His article forgot to mention Hershel Walker 5.0 or whatever number he is as another player leaving that team. I know that the mutts have simply replaced Gurley with Chubb in their erotic fan fiction, but that is a definite downgrade.

Tech wins a New Years Six bowl in a dominant performance.
Tech beats UGA and they lose their starting QB for next year... they are still 11 spots ahead.
Auburn and Ole Miss both lost their bowl games (well Ole Miss took it up the rear and looked like an FCS team), and they get ahead of us.
We are one lousy spot ahead of freaking Tennessee.

Their logic probably includes, as always, the recruiting rankings. They refuse to believe the 40th-ranked recruiting class will ever amount to anything.

Their logic probably includes, as always, the recruiting rankings. They refuse to believe the 40th-ranked recruiting class will ever amount to anything.

How can anyone who knows anything follow the rankings?

2* guy -> uGA offer -> 3* guy within an hour. Did he suddenly get faster, stronger, taller, or all of the above?

Although I'm sure someone will say "they reviewed his tape again and realized he should have been a 3* from the beginning"

3 preseason top 15s on our schedule is all we need.

If things work out, we could play two top 10 teams in the first half of our season. I'm also going to go ahead and predict that UNC will be ranked when we play them. If they beat USCe in week 1, that gives the pollsters all the excuse they need to jump back on board. That would give us 3 ranked opponents in our first 6 games. If we were to win those games, we would be the Mississippi State of 2015 (hopefully minus the ending).

If things work out, we could play two top 10 teams in the first half of our season. I'm also going to go ahead and predict that UNC will be ranked when we play them. If they beat USCe in week 1, that gives the pollsters all the excuse they need to jump back on board. That would give us 3 ranked opponents in our first 6 games. If we were to win those games, we would be the Mississippi State of 2015 (hopefully minus the ending).

I mean hell, doing that turned TAMU into a top 10 (was it 5 right after?) team.

I mean hell, doing that turned TAMU into a top 10 (was it 5 right after?) team.

That was my exact point. A&M destroyed overrated USC, and then Miss St destroyed subsequently overrated A&M. Result? All 3 teams overrated because SEC.

Most of the time, these don't matter to me. I have a hard time looking at UGA where they are ranked and truly justify it. Replacing a senior (albeit, one year) starter QB with a guy that isn't that impressive. New OC. Defense that annually underperforms based on it's talent level.

Sounds like a shoe in for the top 10 to me...

Quit you're scawbling! Pre-season don't count ****! Tech wins, they'll move up.

Back