Even CPJ isn't happy, wants to get bought out

Just tell him that either he starts winning or his contract will not be renewed. He's the "expert". So, he either has to fix what he broke or he looks for another job. There is no way that I would pay this guy off to leave if I were the AD.

If some super wealthy alum wanted to put up the $9 million to buy him out, I might reconsider.

But, for $4+ million a year we should expect professionalism ,leadership and much better than average performance from the guy.

Who watches the watchers? That is some star trek for your ass bro.

I think the story may have legs.

And think about it. VL was the starter for a reason (whatever it may be). How many times did CPJ lament not playing JT more this season? Despite all that hot air, JT had next to zero playing time. I think CPJ sees the writing on the wall. JT may yet be the QB CPJ needs, but CPJ won't be here long enough to bear the fruits of his development (if he is to be fired next season). This could be a jockey for a return to GSU since the job is open. CPJ HATES the local media, so who better to scorn once more than those he despises?

While Feldman is credible and a good reporter, Kelly's Tech sources are usually really, really good. Ken does a fine job but I think Kelly is the best guy on the Tech beat to get stuff.
PJ ain't going back to Southern. Not happening. No way.
He doesn't hate all the local media. Just sports talk radio guys. Maybe Bradley a little bit too.
PJ's not a quitter, folks. He's stubborn, sure, and I think folks are about to see just how öööö stubborn he is. He loves having that chip on his shoulder, and he's got one now.
I do know PJ. Haven't talked to him in a while and haven't talked to mutual friends in a few weeks about his situation. But just knowing him as I do, he'll dig in. It's gonna take a lot to get him out.

Who watches the watchers? That is some star trek for your ass bro.
you do realize what you said to a former Tech player right? This guy left it all on the field and he did it the right way and I'll back 1NYJacket to the fullest. Not Ahoes who put players like him down.

BdFBBd8CMAAO2fg.jpg:large

This is Great!

you do realize what you said to a former Tech player right? This guy left it all on the field and he did it the right way and I'll back 1NYJacket to the fullest. Not Ahoes who put players like him down.

I see you are in a good mood as usual.

While Feldman is credible and a good reporter, Kelly's Tech sources are usually really, really good. Ken does a fine job but I think Kelly is the best guy on the Tech beat to get stuff.
PJ ain't going back to Southern. Not happening. No way.
He doesn't hate all the local media. Just sports talk radio guys. Maybe Bradley a little bit too.
PJ's not a quitter, folks. He's stubborn, sure, and I think folks are about to see just how öööö stubborn he is. He loves having that chip on his shoulder, and he's got one now.
I do know PJ. Haven't talked to him in a while and haven't talked to mutual friends in a few weeks about his situation. But just knowing him as I do, he'll dig in. It's gonna take a lot to get him out.

I wish him luck, but the last four years tell me that it isn't happening. There is a definite change in his intensity and he needs to man up and get it done on the field.

first thing is if paul wants to leave and GT agrees the buyout would not be the contract buyout

it would be something like half of it (3.5million)

Secondly, the thing that perplexes me about Quinlans' tweet is the tweet about not having the money for the buyout

this is wrong. The AD has a special fund established by Rad a few years back for this exact reason, for coaches contracts or other special needs. Its in the millions. The GTAA has the money, maybe not 7.5million, but some amount (4 million range) to do this; the exact amount I don't know. 3 years ago i recall it in the 3-5 million arena.

Point being I like Kelly, but he is wrong about the funds. and who knows who has accurate info about any of this at this point.

hell, who knows if that AD fund still exists since Rad left too!!! I haven't been connected in about 2 years to that side of the AA to get that level of detail.

If he wants to leave and we agree, why would we pay him anything?

And go where? Wake? Rice? What school's fanbases don't have unrealistic expectations?

Compared to those, I think Tech is fairly unique in that it's the got the heritage of championships, competing against the big dogs of the sport, and such so the core fanbase expects a metric öööö ton. Wake, Rice, UNC, NC State, et. al. don't have those sort of expectations.

You couple the above with all the challenges coaches face at Tech, and it's got to take it's toll. I think it plays a big part in why the good/great coaches use Tech as a stepping stone and fair/bad ones crash in a fiery death in no time flat.

I haven't got the slightest clue, but it would be taxing on me if my employer tied one hand behind my back and then went apocalyptic if I didn't meet expectations.

Are there employers who don't do this when you make that much money? I think we pay him that much to deal with that fact.

And I say that as someone who supports the coach.

Are there employers who don't do this when you make that much money? I think we pay him that much to deal with that fact.

And I say that as someone who supports the coach.

I guess it goes without saying, but I'll say it. If Johnson is hating life at Tech and if he wants out, I'm trying to walk a mile in the man's shoes here.

I'd find life pretty miserable, too, trying to reconcile the balance between the tools given to me as head coach (i.e., that list of things one either sees as excuses or justifications) and the expectations placed on me from my boss/fans. Money would be irrelevant to my sanity in an environment like that.

well, paul is never as happy or as sad as he seems.

but I believe this rumor was quashed pretty quickly. although it seems like too many fans want him to leave to let it go.

The old saying is so often true, "Where there's smoke there's fire."

The old saying is so often true, "Where there's smoke there's fire."

More than likely the guy caught wind of a Bo Pelini type moment from Johnson.

My guess is that someone asked Johnson about GT not being happy with him and he responded "If they don't want me, they can buy me out!" Then the CBS guy got the quote and not the context and ran with it.

Back