Excellent post about Gailey...

however, SOME people on this board HOPE that he doesn't succeed. that is NOT fine in my book but who gives a damn about my "book" anyways.

Well said ylojk8... I agree with you !!

Techbert's statement has a great deal of logic, however I don't believe our problems last year involved logic. Our most pressing problems was Leadership and Quarterback Play, Leadership and Dicipline, and Leadership and Motivation. Recruiting out of Georgia was a very pleasant surprise. However this success has to transfer to the field. Everything above was lacking last year and I find it hard to believe any conflicts between Coach Gailey and Coach O'Brien was the biggest problem on or off the field. I do believe like most of you though that Coach O'Brien leaving was best for all concern. This surely eliminates staff chemistry as a reason for a repeat of last year's problems. Also I hope the very expensive "Learning Curve" is over. When Coach Gailey leads Tech onto the field against BYU I will expect the best effort from the Jackets possible as I know everyone who support the White and Gold always do. But for this to happen Coach Gailey and crew have to get things going in the right direction starting with spring practice. I guess we will all have to play the wait and see game for at least one more year.

I agree stateline, we definitely need to see more leadership exhibited, both by the coaches and the seniors next year. Teams sometimes quit on the coaching staff when things go bad, but seldom quit on their playerleaders in my experience if they really have that leadership. I am expecting to see a different attitude and approach from Gailey and the staff next year. I think Chan learned that he gave the kids too much credit in regards to taking care of business w/o someone looking over their shoulders. I also think we will see a more consistent approach on the offensive side w/o the staff trying to meld two different philosophies (Chan and BOB). With some injury luck for a change and better QB play I think we can make a big turnaround in short order.

BW, I have read and re-read your post above, where as I agree with you that we should not blindly follow Chan or any one else over a cliff, I disagree that he is leading us over a cliff! I followed BL and stated the day I saw Tech against W. Carolina that if I were the AD I would have fired him that day. Except the latter part of the season when a Tech team that I (in my opinion) felt was very demoralized due to an inept QB and play calling I did not think that CG had done overall a bad job with a cupboard that was only half full. Remember as well we lost many good player before and during the season. Lighten up on CG and give the guy some credit. And above all support (if you are) TECH

Well, I guess we're pretty much agreed then that we're all TECH fans ('cept for the dawgie posters)
and our agreement and disagreement varies.

Nice, imaginative post by Techbert and followups.
Gailey's certainly got his work cut out for him and I'm playing the hunch that he knows what he's doing. We'll just have to wait and see but this coming season isn't going to be a cakewalk no matter what.

Back