Extend PJ now.

I'd rather finish strong than start strong. The win was good, but the two biggest games are still on the schedule.

What a joke! Extend mediocrity because it's better than losing. You people are either insane or just extremely unreasonable.

What a joke! Extend mediocrity because it's better than losing. You people are either insane or just extremely unreasonable.

:bowrofl:

is this dude serious? I don't read Stingtalk so I really don't know.

What exactly is mediocrity? Please do the FBS record tally since 2009 for old times sake.

Needs to beat the pups or win the Bowl game. I like CPJ but he needs to win one of these.

MBob is probably looking at season ticket sales. When people let their club level season tickets go after 20 years, it's not a good sign or a vote of confidence.

And as I said in my letter to the GTAA when I didn't renew, it's not because I have no faith in our coach. I have no faith in the school and GTAA to support the coach.

I'll say this as someone who has been for extending CPJ from before the season began, I don't think this Clemson game is the reason to do so. For the same reason that I didn't agree with the "He can't beat the Big 4 so should be canned" people. 1-2 games don't mean öööö.

The reason we extend CPJ is (a) He has done a great job keeping the hill happy, to the point where he has actually got concessions from them. (b) Despite beliefs to the contrary, he isn't stubborn at all. He has been willing to change DCs, create a new offensive system for players, change recruiting tactics when his existing tactics didn't work. (c) He wants to be here, and wants to be competitive and win, despite the inbuilt disadvantages GT has.

I think it will be very difficult to find another coach who would be as good a fit for Tech.

Definitely earned an extension. Winning one of the next two is worth decent raise.

Absolutely extend. Good days are ahead for this program -despite the tough schedule in 2015.

This team, particularly with a D that will improve, is fun to watch ...and pull for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about the timing of negotiating contract extensions, but it seems like odds are we'd have more leverage after the UGA game. Who do you think is more expensive, a 9-2 PJ who has yet to play UGA, or a 9-3 PJ who has lost 6 in a row to UGA?

I am fully in favor of extending him either way.

I don't know anything about the timing of negotiating contract extensions, but it seems like odds are we'd have more leverage after the UGA game. Who do you think is more expensive, a 9-2 PJ who has yet to play UGA, or a 9-3 PJ who has lost 6 in a row to UGA?

I am fully in favor of extending him either way.

Honestly I think what we would do either way is wait until at least after the season games (maybe even after the bowl game). I rarely hear of such negotiations happening during the year.

This is PJ's best coaching job since 2008. He deserves an extension for sure. But how much depends on the UGA result.

Back