Extend PJ now.

SMU offered him a large contract last time around. They are looking for a coach again. Kansas would be tempted by trying CPJ's success.

Both those schools and others looking for a coach can offer 4 years for 10+ million.

I didn't say give him auto-extension like CPH. That's your straw man.

SMU is a non power 5 school. What you are saying they will offer is about the same amount. Add some more incentive pay and buyout, and he won't look at a minor conference job in an area he's completely unfamiliar with. My point is we don't have to sell out and spend too much. The schools that would be interested in him in the power five are few and far between.

9-2 ...3-0 against the Big Four, with the biggest one to come. A chance to win 10 games ...and how often has that happened in the last 50 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few times. At this point, he could still end up with the same record as Gailey's best team.

SMU is a non power 5 school. What you are saying they will offer is about the same amount. Add some more incentive pay and buyout, and he won't look at a minor conference job in an area he's completely unfamiliar with. My point is we don't have to sell out and spend too much. The schools that would be interested in him in the power five are few and far between.

MacDaddy said wait till February, I said you can't wait till February and provided the reasons why we can't. I didn't say 'sell out or spend too much', that's your straw man.

MacDaddy said wait till February, I said you can't wait till February and provided the reasons why we can't. I didn't say 'sell out or spend too much', that's your straw man.

So SMU 7 years ago isn't your straw man?

This is one season. He is a good coach but he has many flaws. Everyone said job for life for Hewitt. We have him one and look what happened. Everyone needs to slow down and be realistic.

please list his many flaws, and how he has shown no willingness to improve them.

The program is better off now than before he was hired and is enjoying some impressive consistent success at the top of the ACC for the first time in a long while.

This is one season. He is a good coach but he has many flaws. Everyone said job for life for Hewitt. We have him one and look what happened. Everyone needs to slow down and be realistic.

A Hewitt contract is not appropriate, but I would be fine with an extension that gives him 6-8 years and raises the incentive compensation.

Yes, extend CPJ with 2-3 more years of contract, not a lifetime contract.

Wow, the CPJ haters are out in full force this morning.

MacDaddy, 92, Nashville. Did you guys have breakfast together this morning?

If CPJs teams didn't take massive dumps at the end of most seasons (UGA and bowl) I'd say he deserves an extension now, but I say way wait to see if we are just going to get more of the same this year or not. Those two losses always kill enthusiasm for the following year for a lot of the fan base.

Glad to see you back. I was hopeful you'd killed yourself after the game yesterday.

Not hating on anyone. Just pointing out facts, nimrod. Some people like you just can't handle reality. If they lose (and I hope they don't) the last two again this year you'll remember that it sucks bad. Real bad. I've not forgotten.

Not a hater, but you Hivers would want to extend him until hell freezes over. I don't think anyone has argued against an extension, but warn not too be looking through too much of rose colored glasses like we did in 2004. Experience makes you wiser.

Not hating on anyone. Just pointing out facts, nimrod. Some people like you just can't handle reality. If they lose (and I hope they don't) the last two again this year you'll remember that it sucks bad. Real bad. I've not forgotten.
This year will still be pretty good regardless of what happens after now. Wins over hated Miami, VT and Clemson.

If we beat uga, it will be one of the best seasons ever.

Don't be so butthurt because your Southern lost to two option teams.

Even if we lose the last two I still appreciate what I got from this season. Given our attrition I would not have been shocked if we had ended our bowl streak. To have beaten at least three of the big 4...Well if you had told me that pre season I would have called you crazy.

Actually, we could lose three more just like we did in 2006.

But you've completely forgotten the misery of past coaching regimes that produced far less with more talent. Why even be a fan if all you're going to do is foist your GTPTSD on everyone else. Did you even allow yourself a few minutes to enjoy the win yesterday, or did you go straight into preparation for this latest line of garbage?

Back