F$U Imploding

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ

Florida State coach Mike Norvell had three major announcements Wednesday: Receiver Tamorrion Terry is no longer with the program, defensive tackle Marvin Wilson is out for the season and quarterback James Blackman will transfer when the semester ends.

In addition, starting offensive lineman Devontay Love-Taylor will miss the rest of the season with an injury.

The news comes in the middle of another bleak season for the Seminoles, who are 2-5 headed into their game at NC State on Saturday.
Glad we could contribute.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.

Glad we could contribute.
It is necessary if FSU wants to get back to old FSU levels. Gotta purge and recruit better players.

Plus, Blackman was likely not coming back one way or the other. He graduates. Norvell probably have him the out of making it look like Blackman's choice to help him save face and look better as a graduate transfer

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Anyone who lived through the early 1990’s as a GT fan knows that this could not happen to a nicer bunch. Their fans were the WORST.
I don’t remember having much interaction with their fans, but I didn’t start going to road games until the late 90s. I used to really dislike the team because of how much they beat us, but CPJ thankfully broke that streak emphatically and we’ve been pretty good against them since.

JRjr

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Way more of loss for the players than FSU. FSU will be back on top before ling.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Well, at least we aren’t finishing last in the conference this year. Also gives me hope uga could follow suit one day.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
It is necessary if FSU wants to get back to old FSU levels. Gotta purge and recruit better players.

Plus, Blackman was likely not coming back one way or the other. He graduates. Norvell probably have him the out of making it look like Blackman's choice to help him save face and look better as a graduate transfer
To attain our goals, a similar purge is necessary.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
To attain our goals, a similar purge is necessary.
I kind of wanted the hint to be there without saying it. I believe we have already had a few encouraged to leave. I expect several more who will be assisted to the portal.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb

FSU is not going back to "old FSU levels." They cannot get the players they used to get competing against strong Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida and Miami programs (which are all strong now), not to mention decent UCF, Auburn and Mississippi programs. Except Miami and sometimes Auburn and Florida, these programs (especially Alabama) were not the same during the FSU glory days, they don't have the great Bobby Bowden, and there is NOTHING appealing about Tallahassee. I see a lot of 8-4, with some 7-5 and 9-3.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I find the idea that Tech should "purge" student athletes whom it recruited and who have worked hard and played by the rules, just because Tech has a new coach who does not want to play them anymore . . . repugnant.
And Collins hasn’t done that and much of his marketing/culture talk (which many fans hate) was about keeping “old” players engaged in the program. He has done that in most cases with some great examples.

It didn’t have to be that way and there are plenty of counter examples but many will never give Collins any credit

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
And Collins hasn’t done that and much of his marketing/culture talk (which many fans hate) was about keeping “old” players engaged in the program. He has done that in most cases with some great examples.

It didn’t have to be that way and there are plenty of counter examples but many will never give Collins any credit
Exactly. He’ll never get credit for doing everything right when he took over. He never threw anyone under the bus nor processed players. I think we had many fans who clutched their pearls on the first play of the spring game and they are not mature enough to let it go and take it for what it was - a fun light hearted moment to begin a new regime. My personal preference would have been that he went scorched earth against the option. I loved the option and still do, but I also know that no players want to play in it because it’s not cool. Maybe it comes back around but right now if you run the option you won’t get talent. I also wish he wouldn’t have honored the previous staffs commits because I knew folks would judge him early on players he didn’t recruit. And surprise, here we are. I suspect that we’ll see a less get along type of Collins after this season and more of a guy taking his fate into his own hands. We saw some of that with the Sims decision. It would have been easy to play Graham and go the safe route but he knew Sims is the future and went with it even though mistakes happened.