Football Tweets

There's football on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well now?
That's what the G5 is for.
Screenshot_20241002_144156_ESPN.jpg

My grandfather was a doughboy. Trained at Fort Gordon, which is now PDK airport in Atlanta. They did march training drills down Peachtree to Piedmont Park, where they camped overnight. Then spent a year on the western front in WWI running supplies to the front lines. God bless the doughboys!

My Grandfather was a Doughboy, also. I think he also trained @ Fort Gordon. He was originally in a Machine Gun Battalion that somehow got absorbed into the 3rd ID (The Rock of The Marne). We don't know for sure whether he was in the Battle of The Marne, but we have a lot of his patches, service paraphernalia and some souvenirs that strongly suggest that he was in the Second Battle of The Marne. I'm still researching his service record to verify that. But he was only in France for the one year and then came home to SOWEGA to resume life on the farm.

My Grandfather was a Doughboy, also. I think he also trained @ Fort Gordon. He was originally in a Machine Gun Battalion that somehow got absorbed into the 3rd ID (The Rock of The Marne). We don't know for sure whether he was in the Battle of The Marne, but we have a lot of his patches, service paraphernalia and some souvenirs that strongly suggest that he was in the Second Battle of The Marne. I'm still researching his service record to verify that. But he was only in France for the one year and then came home to SOWEGA to resume life on the farm.
Mine was in the 82nd, in Verdun France for a year. I have about 90 pages of letters that he wrote home from Camp Gordon and from France. Also have a hat pin and uniform stripes from a German POW that were given to him by a French soldier. Also have his original of the letter (copy below) from King George V to the American troops dated April 1918, which is the month my grandfather arrived. Pretty cool stuff.

IMG_6435.jpeg

Mine was in the 82nd, in Verdun France for a year. I have about 90 pages of letters that he wrote home from Camp Gordon and from France. Also have a hat pin and uniform stripes from a German POW that were given to him by a French soldier. Also have his original of the letter (copy below) from King George V to the American troops dated April 1918, which is the month my grandfather arrived. Pretty cool stuff.

IMG_6435.jpeg

Back