Former Georgia Tech coordinator to oversee Maryland's inside linebackers.

Re: Former Georgia Tech coordinator to oversee Maryland\'s inside linebackers.

I also think it's very interesting that BOB is now on the other side of the ball...
BEEWARE...
You've failed to answer many of the questions regarding this very unusual event...
1) Why would BOB accept such an enormous demotion??? If he is truely an outstanding OC that you so demonstrably state then why no offers from any other school except Stanford???
2) If Freidgen believes that BOB is a great offensive mind then why deliberately put him on the defensive side of the ball??? There are lots of great coaches but few geniuses perhaps BOB is merely a good coach and not the next offensive super guru...
3) Furthermore lets assume that Freidgen does beleive that BOB is excellent offensive mind and that maybe he just needs 'more seasoning'... it is true that UMD is already stocked with OC and several position coaches. Why not 'create' another pseudo position coach say for QB's or Receivers or for OL or make him in charge of film classes and strategy on the Offensive side of the ball. It is true that BOB was a LB and UMD has a slot for him but why take him away from his area of expertese as you so often have classified him???

I believe that BOB is a very good coach. I also believe that he knows how to implement others ideas and processes and he more than likely can relate these ideas to the players in a very effective manner... This is why I think he is a good coach on either side of the ball... BUT he was in way over his head as OC at TECH.... all phases of the offense fell off in performance, execution, and most especially moral...
Perhaps he will be a great OC in the furure but I think that it speaks volumes that Freidgen has not kept him on 'the fast track' as far as his offensive skills are concerned...
Your negative thoughts about us having to bear the learning curve of Chan Gailey I think applies to BOB as well...
He served TECH well... he is a class gentleman and we as TECH fans are going to miss what he brought to the table.

Beeware, who had the idea to run 5 wides in the second half vs clempson? Gailey or O'Brien?

The weak point of GT last year was the offense and especially the QB play, both of which BO'B was in charge and responsible for. BO'B will hardly be missed, and his value to GT Football was very little. Also, I couldn't care less how he does at Maryland. IMHO, Beeware is all wet concerning BO'B.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Back