[FORMER] GT coach is candidate for Auburn job...

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
and it's none other than old friend Patrick Nix!

I, for one, would just as soon continue seeing him call plays for the Miami Hurricanes and "developing" their quarterbacks.

Edit: Also, I was not at all surprised to see their interest in him, likely misguided as it may be.
As a head coach, he will not be calling plays - so there is hope for him if he's better at locating coaching talent than running an offense.

JacketDan

Dodd-Like
Auburn fans if you like watching QB's regress over a 4 year period than Pat Nix is the man for the job.

If you like stat lines from your running back that read things like 25 carries for 155 yards and 0 TD's then Pat Nix is the man for the job.

If you like running a reverse on 4th and inches, then Pat Nix is the man for the job.

And if you can't count to 4, then Pat Nix is definitely the man for the job.

Rodzilla

Dodd-Like
If:

1) They fire Tubs (already happened)
2) They hire Nix (could happen)

it will go down as one of the biggest errors in the history of cognitive thought.

demjackets

Damn Good Rat
I think Pat would be an outstanding fit at that wonderful University. :laugher:

That is if they would like to completely tank the program. Lol

Wreck02

Damn Good Rat
Quite.

At the same time, the Hive Sports Center is somewhat of a wasteland (as opposed to the Insider board), and he's quoting a post from another board who's quoting (allegedly) one of our players. So I'm taking that all with a grain of salt.

Would be nice if true though. A run n' shoot package would be interesting.
I have heard in several places (even CPJ has mentioned it) that a Run n' Shoot package will be installed...

I just hope that the guy quoting Richard is being truthful. That's kind of a random person on the team to pick and a random story to make up- for it to not be true.

Geori

Damn Good Rat
I'd rather keep him at Miami and have another gimme Win each year.

BeesballH1986

Flats Noob
I have heard in several places (even CPJ has mentioned it) that a Run n' Shoot package will be installed...

I just hope that the guy quoting Richard is being truthful. That's kind of a random person on the team to pick and a random story to make up- for it to not be true.
This is true. It takes a certain kind of madness to come up with stories about flying around with GT d-linemen.

Geori

Damn Good Rat
Why isn't Auburn fishing for Brian Kelly? The guy makes 825k/yr at Cinci. They could "make him an offer he couldn't refuse".

mmbt0ne

Dodd-Like
Well, I can say that the finals schedule for grad students isn't different at all, it's exactly the same. I have no idea how Management grad classes are but it's possible they have projects instead of finals. Also, he might just not have finals until Friday or something.
Actually, management grad school classes are on an entirely different schedule. My finals are/were at 4pm Sunday, and then 6pm Monday thru Thursday.

Also, very few classes after the first semester will have a final.

Bogey

Jolly Good Fellow
I read an Auburn board today. Nix will not happen. Turner Gill is #1.
Also, there is a theory heavily supported that they have their coach in the bag and waiting to the proper time to announce. Some believe it will be Muschamp. Personally, I think the Muschamp belief is in fantasy land.
I think Lowder and company deserve Petrino.

goose

Flats Noob
I read an Auburn board today. Nix will not happen. Turner Gill is #1.
Also, there is a theory heavily supported that they have their coach in the bag and waiting to the proper time to announce. Some believe it will be Muschamp. Personally, I think the Muschamp belief is in fantasy land.
I think Lowder and company deserve Petrino.

yes they do.