Friday Night Lights--UCF Sept. 18

Moving a probable September noon, 1pm, 2pm game to a Friday night works for me. I’d feel differently if this was an October game. I’ll either go to the office and knock off early for the tailgate, or I’ll blow work off altogether and enjoy the whole day.

I am generally bummed that I probably can’t go because it’s Rosh Hashana - but that was true Saturday as well. I personally wouldn’t mind a Friday night home game in place of a September 12pm game every year.

Get a September night game at BDS and it frees up a Saturday for golf or whatever the hell else I want to do. I approve...but definitely understand why an out-of-towner would be frustrated.

Sooo what?
So if a team like Ohio State doesn't want the perception out there that they played on a Friday night, they could've said no. It also didn't stop Oregon, Miami, USC, Cal, etc. from playing at home. Of course I know it affects the recruiting more for the home team, but how much exactly? It's not like we are agreeing to play EVERY one of our games on Friday night, or that this is the only weekend we could host recruits. We're swapping a most likely hot-ass noon September game for a night game at BDS on prime time ESPN. I can tell you this, there are way more people out there that don't go to high school games on Friday night than there are that do. You aren't making any argument other than the fact that you don't like it. There's also the fact that ACC has a contract with ESPN and this may have been more out of our hands than is being led to believe. The conference gets shared revenue from these games too, so there's also the added pressure not to turn down these types of opportunities, because I can assure you ESPN would have found somebody else to play in that spot and get that $$.

Alot of you probably missed this quote from Ken in the AJC also:

"It does mean that one group of people that Collins has particularly sought to make an impression on — recruits — will be almost unanimously unable to attend. The athletic department is exploring the possibility of treating a different group, such as first responders or military personnel, to the game-day experience normally offered to recruits."

This is progressive, forward thinking by our staff. Getting GT in primetime spotlight. Getting another night game at BDS. You can't make everybody happy all of the time.

So if a team like Ohio State doesn't want the perception out there that they played on a Friday night, they could've said no. It also didn't stop Oregon, Miami, USC, Cal, etc. from playing at home. Of course I know it affects the recruiting more for the home team, but how much exactly? It's not like we are agreeing to play EVERY one of our games on Friday night, or that this is the only weekend we could host recruits. We're swapping a most likely hot-ass noon September game for a night game at BDS on prime time ESPN. I can tell you this, there are way more people out there that don't go to high school games on Friday night than there are that do. You aren't making any argument other than the fact that you don't like it. There's also the fact that ACC has a contract with ESPN and this may have been more out of our hands than is being led to believe. The conference gets shared revenue from these games too, so there's also the added pressure not to turn down these types of opportunities, because I can assure you ESPN would have found somebody else to play in that spot and get that $$.

Alot of you probably missed this quote from Ken in the AJC also:

"It does mean that one group of people that Collins has particularly sought to make an impression on — recruits — will be almost unanimously unable to attend. The athletic department is exploring the possibility of treating a different group, such as first responders or military personnel, to the game-day experience normally offered to recruits."

This is progressive, forward thinking by our staff. Getting GT in primetime spotlight. Getting another night game at BDS. You can't make everybody happy all of the time.
We should bring in some military personnel for the game and let them fill the recruiting section in the north. Free food.

This is all Collins applying the scarcity principle to make our games more exclusive. Brilliant marketing strategy!

tumblr_nf4blgcCA71r4gei2o3_250.gifv

We should bring in some military personnel for the game and let them fill the recruiting section in the north. Free food.
I agree. No need to issue tickets except for first responders, police/fire dept. Let any military in free with military ID. Give them general admission seating in the lower north above the students, then upper north if that gets full. Give them each a voucher upon gate entry that is good for a free hotdog/nachos and a drink.

I don’t understand why adults care about little kids playing football.

Yeah, unless your own kid is playing, I don't get it. I mean, I check in on how our commits are doing and stuff, but not actually following HS football teams. I guess I get it if you live in rural Texas, but not greater Atlanta.

Yeah, unless your own kid is playing, I don't get it. I mean, I check in on how our commits are doing and stuff, but not actually following HS football teams. I guess I get it if you live in rural Texas, but not greater Atlanta.
It's gonna be lit

Thought we already did something similar to this for a game already?

But as this will be the only college game on Friday night almost anywhere in the country, on espn, in prime time, surely there will not be any extra tickets available to give away to any group.

All the more reason to play, unless prime time on a Saturday, every home game on Friday night.

I am now all in.

Let's show some real guts and innovation.

Bee 100% unique, dive into the deep end.

Cancel all classes on Friday of home games and have those classes on Saturday.

This would be great now that i am thinking like the masses.

And when others start seeing that virtually ALL our home games are on TV PRIME TIME and start playing theirs on Friday then we cut them off at the knees and change to Saturdays.

So brilliant in its simplicity. Screw the ACC, Networks, any concern over h.s. football, traffic, work schedules, media.

Screw them all.

Who has the guts to see GT become a true innovator?

Last edited:
Thought we already did something similar to this for a game already?

But as this will be the only college game on Friday night almost anywhere in the country, on espn, in prime time, surely there will not be any extra tickets available to give away to any group.

All the more reason to play, unless prime time on a Saturday, every home game on Friday night.

I am now all in.

Let's show some real guts and innovation.

Bee 100% unique, dive into the deep end.

Cancel all classes on Friday of home games and have those classes on Saturday.

This would be great now that i am thinking like the masses.

And when others start seeing that virtually ALL our home games are on TV PRIME TIME and start playing theirs on Friday then we cut them off at the knees and change to Saturdays.

So brilliant in its simplicity. Screw the ACC, Networks, any concern over h.s. football, traffic, work schedules, media.

Screw them all.

Who has the guts to see GT become a true innovator?
Stop being a ööööing tard already.

Back