Further SEC Expansion?

Welcome to the past. You do realize that college football by your definition hasn’t existed in decades. Players have been bought for decades. Remember SMU? That was the mid 80’s, 35 plus years ago. You don’t think Miami, Nebraska, FSU we’re buying players during their heyday? We know what Herschel got and Cam. I’m glad to see fans are finally waking up even if it’s only 5 decades too late. I’ve been frustrated about this my entire adult life and have been begging for GT to get in the game. At least now maybe we will since it’s “legal”.
Of course it’s been going on. But that didn’t prevent us from winning a NC in 1990 an ACC Championship and beating UGA now and then.

What do you think is going to happen when the lowest AD budget in the ACC gets into bidding wars with Clemson, UGA, Miami and just about anyone? What do you think is going to be the end result of free agency in CFB when UGA, Clemson and Bama approach our star starting QB, RB and best defensive players whom they underestimated in recruiting but are setting ACC records and ask them to transfer to their school?

Answer: No more ACC Championships, Paul Johnson was the last coach to ever beat UGA in our lifetimes and 2-9 and 3-8 seasons.

Stop kidding yourself. You’re delusional. Georgia Tech has been irrelevant in the weakest conference in college football for almost a decade under the old rules. The new rules are going to do nothing but widen the gaps between the haves and have nots. And that’s what they’re designed to do. ESPN does not want to see Georgia Tech, TCU or Boise State in the college football playoff. They want to see Notre Dame and Ohio State $$$$$.

GT get in the game? When is the last time Bobby Dodd even sold out when it wasn’t UGA or Clemson fans filling the stadium?

geez…

Last edited:
Mostly due to the inability or know how of GT to get any publicity in the city or state they are located in! Tech actually needs to hire a uga Communication Grad ( they have inroads to the AJC and the TV/ radio market ) to advertise what GT is about, what the Institute is doing and what the sports teams are doing.

Mostly due to the inability or know how of GT to get any publicity in the city or state they are located in! Tech actually needs to hire a uga Communication Grad ( they have inroads to the AJC and the TV/ radio market ) to advertise what GT is about, what the Institute is doing and what the sports teams are doing.
This is hilarious and I assume is TIC! No UGA grad is going to help GT athletics get better. The sooner we realize we will never own the 404 from a media standpoint we can spend our money on getting staff that can find us players to start winning. No media outlet in Atlanta wants to see Tech do well.

Of course it’s been going on. But that didn’t prevent us from winning a NC in 1990 an ACC Championship and beating UGA now and then.

What do you think is going to happen when the lowest AD budget in the ACC gets into bidding wars with Clemson, UGA, Miami and just about anyone? What do you think is going to be the end result of free agency in CFB when UGA, Clemson and Bama approach our star starting QB, RB and best defensive players whom they underestimated in recruiting but are setting ACC records and ask them to transfer to their school?

Answer: No more ACC Championships, Paul Johnson was the last coach to ever beat UGA in our lifetimes and 2-9 and 3-8 seasons.

Stop kidding yourself. You’re delusional. Georgia Tech has been irrelevant in the weakest conference in college football for almost a decade under the old rules. The new rules are going to do nothing but widen the gaps between the haves and have nots. And that’s what they’re designed to do. ESPN does not want to see Georgia Tech, TCU or Boise State in the college football playoff. They want to see Notre Dame and Ohio State $$$$$.

GT get in the game? When is the last time Bobby Dodd even sold out when it wasn’t UGA or Clemson fans filling the stadium?

geez…
You have to excuse them. They have no grasp of how it once was.

This is hilarious and I assume is TIC! No UGA grad is going to help GT athletics get better. The sooner we realize we will never own the 404 from a media standpoint we can spend our money on getting staff that can find us players to start winning. No media outlet in Atlanta wants to see Tech do well.
Sad, but very very true

That’s true. I was on campus and remember the 1990 season after we knocked off UVA and we entered the NC debate. It made me madder than hell to listen to WSB and the media outlets of Dawg Duds that were belittling our success that lived in our own backyard.

Waaah, they're not playing according to the rules I want them to play under.

News flash: The AD budget at GT is completely separate from the school budget. How the hell did you not know that?
Another News flash: those are the rules now....either step the öööö up or shut the öööö up.
The diff is, uga's Prez after 3 lack luster seasons in a row, is on job hunting sites, ours.....not so much.

The diff is, uga's Prez after 3 lack luster seasons in a row, is on job hunting sites, ours.....not so much.
Sure. Perhaps a BIGGER difference is that the UGAg athletic department makes a profit of millions per year and our athletic department has a $200+ million debt on the stadium we're trying to pay off? You think that may have something to do with their AD being able to do that?

Just out of curiosity, I googled it and found this:
The University of Georgia athletic department generated an eye-popping $179,295,904 million in revenue while posting $138,757,891 in operating expenses during the 2019-2020 fiscal year ending last July.
So they made $40.5 million profit in that one year? Well, not really. Reading the article, they also had some other expenses and only actually made $13 million profit that year. But still.

Yeah...I could probably be real picky with my coaches if I were the GT AD and had those kinds of funds at my disposal, too.

Sure. Perhaps a BIGGER difference is that the UGAg athletic department makes a profit of millions per year and our athletic department has a $200+ million debt on the stadium we're trying to pay off? You think that may have something to do with their AD being able to do that?

Just out of curiosity, I googled it and found this:

So they made $40.5 million profit in that one year? Well, not really. Reading the article, they also had some other expenses and only actually made $13 million profit that year. But still.

Yeah...I could probably be real picky with my coaches if I were the GT AD and had those kinds of funds at my disposal, too.
Yea, but they earn the money to spend it so the profit is just gravy.

And

I’d like to see the SEC completely break off from college football. There is no college there. Georgia Tech needs to join a league with UNC, Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame, Vandy, UVA, Penn State, Purdue, Michigan and some colleges that are actually colleges. The SEC is a dull regional sport.
Haven’t lived in the northeast in a while. Is Penn St a college now? That’s a big change

Back