Gailey, Gailey, Gailey.......

Will somebody please rent BeeBad's space?
wink.gif

Hey BOR,.....that caveat about 2-10 might just well happen,....so guess maybe GC might not get those 4 years you seem so confident about. By the way,....he inherited more talent than B--- L----. Hope I'm proved wrong, that is I hope we somehow get this thing back on track.....but think GC will be back in the NFL (maybe?) in 4 years.In the end, think the huge falloff in recruiting will be his undoing. Those we need to compete with are simply getting more bigger,stronger, faster, & better athletes than were signing.

Good man,....not who we need leading the program however. Winning does matter,......that's why they keep score.

GATA JACKETS!!!

GATA JACKETS!!!

By the way,....he inherited more talent than B--- L--- had S. Jones and bevy of quality tallent. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you on this issue. The tallent level is not close to being as good for Gailey

Quote By the way,....he inherited more talent than B--- L--- B__L___ Had S. Jones and bevy of quality tallent. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you on this issue. The tallent level is not close to being as good for Gailey

Let him get some of his players in, including future recruits. I think we can win 6 or 7 a year easily as it is now. For us to win 10 or more games takes strategic redshirting and having all of our talent becoming Juniors and Seniors at the same point. That will just be the nature of the beast at Tech. Unfortunately for us, we will be unable to redshirt a lot this year because of the academics situation, but things will get better.

I love Gailey's Florida and Texas connections, including former NFL coaches and players. Obviously, he had some good community relations in both places if you look at where our recruits came from. Gailey knows what it takes to make it in the NFL, more so than most Div 1 coaches so we have an advantage with recruits there. You could probably call me the most optimistic person on Gailey on this board, for what that's worth (not much).

I look at the final two games of last season as more of an aberration more so than a predictor of where we are going. Our facilities look fantastic, all of them, not just football. The new stadium and realignment of the ACC will draw players to Tech, including the in state prospects. You can't get a better education and live in a city with so much to offer. Mike Vick and the Falcons are hot, which focuses the nation on our city. Anyway, just my $.02 worth

Originally posted by Driver8:
Hey BOR,.....that caveat about 2-10 might just well happen,....so guess maybe GC might not get those 4 years you seem so confident about. By the way,....he inherited more talent than B--- L----. Hope I'm proved wrong, that is I hope we somehow get this thing back on track.....but think GC will be back in the NFL (maybe?) in 4 years.In the end, think the huge falloff in recruiting will be his undoing. Those we need to compete with are simply getting more bigger,stronger, faster, & better athletes than were signing.

Good man,....not who we need leading the program however. Winning does matter,......that's why they keep score.

GATA JACKETS!!!

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ok Driver, you must be REALLY young, because Lewis inherited CONSIDERABLY more talent. You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

The 1992 Lewis team was 1 year removed from the National Championship and coming off a win over Dennis Green's tough Stanford team in the Aloha Bowl.

Last year we were coming of a 7-5 regular season with a win over a mediocre Stanford team in the Seattle Bowl. Last year We did not have a proven QB for Chan to work with. In 1992, Lewis had Shaun Jones in his senior year and a crap load of RB's and WR's. We had Dorsey Levens, William Bell, and Jimy Lincoln. We had Lethon Flowers and Coleman Rudolph on defense as well as Scott Sisson at place kicker. We also had Kevin Battle who is widely considered one of the best DT we've EVER had. Let's see we also had Michael Cheever, Curley Day and Jamal Cox. I don't know where you get that Chan had more talent, but let's get something perfectly clear... HE DIDN'T have NEARLY as much as Lewis and he did a hell of a lot more with it.

Originally posted by Y Jacket:
MSTech - I don't agree with the jist of your post that all the administration has to do is replace Gailey and everything will be OK. Look at Beesnut's post - he is right that whether we are going to be successful in a reconstitued ACC is going to be whether Clough and the Hill can find a happy middle ground to allow us to recruit on some semblance of a level field with NCSU, Clemson, Miami, FSU etc. If they don't I don't care who we have here we will be around a 500 team at best.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I totally agree with you. I was directing my response to an earlier post about keeping Chan for 4 years.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Driver8:

GATA JACKETS!!!

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ok Driver, you must be REALLY young, because Lewis inherited CONSIDERABLY more talent. You don't know what you are talking about.

The 1992 Lewis team was 1 year removed from the National Championship and coming off a win over Dennis Green's tough Stanford team in the Aloha Bowl.

Last year we were coming of a 7-5 regular season with a win over a mediocre Stanford team in the Seattle Bowl. Last year We did not have a proven QB for Chan to work with. In 1992, Lewis had Shaun Jones in his senior year and a crap load of RB's and WR's. We had Dorsey Levens, William Bell, and Jimy Lincoln. We had Lethon Flowers and Coleman Rudolph on defense as well as Scott Sisson at place kicker. We also had Kevin Battle who is widely considered one of the best DT we've EVER had. Let's see we also had Michael Cheever, Curley Day and Jamal Cox. I don't know where you get that Chan had more talent, but let's get something perfectly clear... HE DIDN'T have NEARLY as much as Lewis and he did a hell of a lot more with it.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Back