Gailey, Johnson, Collins

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Galley was milquetoast

Johnson had some great highs but also a few lows. His recruiting was in a bad spot when he left and it was clear the increase in ACC coaching talent + longevity of opposing coaches was catching up to his scheme. His era of the option was ending.

I don’t know what to make of Collins yet. He is clearly not as experienced a head coach as Johnson or Gailey which is evident on game day, but he can recruit very well. We will see if his staffing decisions work out for him or not.

We will see how it goes. We will wind up playing 3 top 5 teams this year between Clemson, Notre Dame, and Georgia.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Galley was milquetoast

Johnson had some great highs but also a few lows. His recruiting was in a bad spot when he left and it was clear the increase in ACC coaching talent + longevity of opposing coaches was catching up to his scheme. His era of the option was ending.

I don’t know what to make of Collins yet. He is clearly not as experienced a head coach as Johnson or Gailey which is evident on game day, but he can recruit very well. We will see if his staffing decisions work out for him or not.

We will see how it goes. We will wind up playing 3 top 5 teams this year between Clemson, Notre Dame, and Georgia.
Yeah ain’t playing Georgia.

But something I’ve been thinking of and it might require extra explanation is that, what if Collins has assembled a team of great former tech coaches that are also learning on the job? Like Marco Coleman for instance. The one I trust the most so far is Coach Choice. I can see this man being a head coach someday.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I think the question that needs to be asked is will Georgia Tech hire Jeff Monken/Ken Niumatalolo/Brian Bohannon and try and replicate two double digit win season, 3 ACC CCG appearances, one ACC Title and two Orange Bowl appearances in six years....Or do they look for another Chan Gailey that can get Georgia Tech back 2 back 2 back 2 back 7 win season.... It is going to be interesting. One thing is for sure.... the current Staff can't coach a Defensive scheme at the P-5 level... Any chance we can hire Coach Ted Roof back until we can get rid of the current clown show.

I also find it interesting how Coach Paul Johnson was correct about the star system... It is more about Coaching then the star rating of the kids...
No. No one is going flexbone in the transfer portal era, period. Those seasons would never happen because there would be a mass exodus of talent.