Gailey, Johnson, Collins

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
I worry our 9 game win streak against UGAg will be in jeopardy at this rate
If in the UGA record book ‘44-‘45 are not counted, then in the GT record book the streak from ‘17-‘19 should end at 3 games, with 2021 starting anew.

...and it’s 8.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
I think the question that needs to be asked is will Georgia Tech hire Jeff Monken/Ken Niumatalolo/Brian Bohannon and try and replicate two double digit win season, 3 ACC CCG appearances, one ACC Title and two Orange Bowl appearances in six years....Or do they look for another Chan Gailey that can get Georgia Tech back 2 back 2 back 2 back 7 win season.... It is going to be interesting. One thing is for sure.... the current Staff can't coach a Defensive scheme at the P-5 level... Any chance we can hire Coach Ted Roof back until we can get rid of the current clown show.

I also find it interesting how Coach Paul Johnson was correct about the star system... It is more about Coaching then the star rating of the kids...

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
The biggest mistake of all was not welcoming George O’Leary back with open arms after the ND resume fiasco. Why should we have cared? He won big games for us and was a solid coach.
Because the luster had worn off when Fridge left and had MD competing in the ACC. O’Leary wouldn’t have had the same luster after leaving.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
And he got fired after signing threet lol
I believe Threet would have taken over at QB for 2007. Never understood his excuse of leaving because of position coaches leaving. He really got behind the 8 ball at Michigan since Carr was canned and Rich Rod was brought in. I was excited when Threet came to GT and thought we finally had our big pro style QB. Just the dominoes of CFB. I think he could have come onboard and perhaps saved Gailey's job.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Threet left when Gailey was still around to be closer to his girlfriend or some such BS. He was never long for GT. Not sure why he’s a topic of conversation in 2020.

JJacket

Threet left when Gailey was still around to be closer to his girlfriend or some such BS. He was never long for GT. Not sure why he’s a topic of conversation in 2020.
Because he was the only major pro style QB prospect Gailey was able to recruit. Could have been a game changer.

JRJacket

Flats Noob
Speaking of QB transfers, hearing buzz from Rivals about Gleason’s dad commenting and alluding to a transfer. Was in response to a poster during the game thread saying WTTE “if I’m Gleason don’t get snaps today after sims comes out, I’m entering transfer portal tomorrow.” Gleason’s dad agreed.

TechAKnee

Flats Noob
I don’t understand why he would even consider transferring in the middle of a season. Let it play out and make a decision in the off season that you feel is best. I’ll be honest I have no issues with talented kids that are not playing deciding to look elsewhere. If we recruit well it’s going to happen. We just need our coaches making wise decisions and not Justin Fields the QB position here.

JJacket

I hate it for Gleason to transfer, but I would understand looking for some PT somewhere. Otherwise, work hard, win the starting job.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
CGC going to lose the room if he’s not careful. That said, backup QBs transfer all the time from all programs. It only sucks if he becomes a stud for someone else Justin Fields style.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Freshmen QBs expecting to play early is stupid outside of a top QB. If you start transferring looking for a better situation, you are always going to find competition.

Sims signed well after Gleason and very late in the process so I always wondered if he was “happy” with that.

I expect the staff wanted to run the ball and that is why they used Graham.

JJacket

Freshmen QBs expecting to play early is stupid outside of a top QB. If you start transferring looking for a better situation, you are always going to find competition.

Sims signed well after Gleason and very late in the process so I always wondered if he was “happy” with that.

I expect the staff wanted to run the ball and that is why they used Graham.
Threet is a good example, although his reason for transfer was different.

We also had Pat Carter (I think?) The kid who came to GT as a QB, Gailey wanted him to move to WR. He transferred out because his brother, who played with the NFL Giants, thought his baby bro a QB. He ended up playing at Louisville at WR, never played QB

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Speaking of QB transfers, hearing buzz from Rivals about Gleason’s dad commenting and alluding to a transfer. Was in response to a poster during the game thread saying WTTE “if I’m Gleason don’t get snaps today after sims comes out, I’m entering transfer portal tomorrow.” Gleason’s dad agreed.
Dad drama where there doesn't really need to be any.

Dad needs to stay out of it.

JJacket

Dad drama where there doesn't really need to be any.

Dad needs to stay out of it.
Needs to be the Fight Club math. The likelihood of player making pros $$ vs the likelihood of making GT grad $$.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Needs to be the Fight Club math. The likelihood of player making pros $$ vs the likelihood of making GT grad $$.
His pops went to MIT. You would think they have done the math. Maybe MIT isn't as smart as we think!

His kid threw for only 1k yards with sub 60% completion senior year.

Chill the öööö out, dad. Your kid couldn't beat out Noodle-Arm Yates for 3rd string.

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
The biggest mistake of all was not welcoming George O’Leary back with open arms after the ND resume fiasco. Why should we have cared? He won big games for us and was a solid coach.
There was a lot a people glad to see him gone.

veerbone

Varsity Lurker
The decade of these three coaches destroyed the once proud program of Georgia Tech football. Collins seemed like a good idea at the time, but now all of us know different. The legacy of Ross and O'Leary has been pissed away. Georgia Tech football is over.

One of these guys made two Orange Bowls and won one over an SEC team that was having its best season ever.

And played for a few ACC championships.

JJacket

One of these guys made two Orange Bowls and won one over an SEC team that was having its best season ever.

And played for a few ACC championships.
Gailey got 6 seasons to coach and left treasure trove of talent which beat UGAg in a close game in 2008. Gailey came onboard and IMMEDIATELY had flunk gate. Without Gailey recruits, especially Dwyer and Morgan Burnett, UGAg probably wins 2008. We got a few breaks we weren't normally getting, like the Gagger kickoff fumble in the second half.

We needed to turn the corner with Gailey and just couldn't do it. At some point, you have to beat UGAg if you want to remain GT HC