gailey No Stranger To QB Controversies As HC

Axe

Flats Noob
MsTA,

Seems just the opposite to me. The guy takes over a 6-10 team and takes them to the playoffs two years in a row only to get fired. Then somebody takes over his squad and they go 5-11 back to back years. 10 straight years of playoffs and bowl games for the teams Chan has been with, yet some how he didn't have anything to do with it.

Originally posted by Axe:
MsTA,

Seems just the opposite to me. The guy takes over a 6-10 team and takes them to the playoffs two years in a row only to get fired. Then somebody takes over his squad and they go 5-11 back to back years. 10 straight years of playoffs and bowl games for the teams Chan has been with, yet some how he didn't have anything to do with it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It is even more amazing what Gailey did with the Cowboys, given the lack of discipline in that team. As much as Gailey gets hammered for not having "discipline" here, that is exactly what he brought to the Cowboys.

Switzer had zero control of that team, but he had ridiculous talent that quickly imploded on itself.

Troy Aikman

Pre CG 1996-7 ranked 5th, 80.1 rating
1997-8 ranked 8th, 78.0 rating

Under CG 1998-9 ranked 4th, 88.5 rating
1999-0 ranked 8th, 81.1 rating

Post CG 2000-1 ranked NA 64.3 rating

Originally posted by Axe:
MsTA,

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It seems as though Dallas believed they SHOULD have gone further into the playoffs based on his non-creative play calling and that's why the firing. This was about what they all thought should have happened with the team and not what actually transpired. I saw the same thing happen in New England with Pete Carroll. Just 2 years removed and NE wins the Super Bowl because Pete could only go so far.

What's that saying - you can get them to a certain level but maybe you don't have the ability to get them to the next! We hear it all the time - why not here?

Originally posted by Hedgeplague:
Troy Aikman

Pre CG 1996-7 ranked 5th, 80.1 rating
1997-8 ranked 8th, 78.0 rating

Under CG 1998-9 ranked 4th, 88.5 rating
1999-0 ranked 8th, 81.1 rating

Post CG 2000-1 ranked NA 64.3 rating
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">arghhhhh .. FACTS?? blasphemy

MsTA, maybe there is a bit of wisdom in the following statement by you:

He would have been perfect for the famous Elliot Ness and his Untouchables fighting "crime" against the "Mob"!

Father Time

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Axe:
MsTA,

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It seems as though Dallas believed they SHOULD have gone further into the playoffs based on his non-creative play calling and that's why the firing. This was about what they all thought should have happened with the team and not what actually transpired. I saw the same thing happen in New England with Pete Carroll. Just 2 years removed and NE wins the Super Bowl because Pete could only go so far.

What's that saying - you can get them to a certain level but maybe you don't have the ability to get them to the next! We hear it all the time - why not here?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So are you saying he deserves some credit for Dallas success during his two seasons there or not?

[qb]Nothing lies at the feet of Gailey - he's untouchable - why?? What is it that makes this guy the Teflon Coach? He would have been perfect for the famous Elliot Ness and his Untouchables fighting crime against the Mob!

Everyone has deficiencies - why not Chan? What is it about this coach that someone takes everything that happens while he's around and lays it at the feet of someone else? Is it some trance he puts folks in? Is it drugs? Is it blindfaith even when there is writing on the wall?

I can understand some stuff but this is wild!

I

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You mean like O'Leary????

sorry, that one was too easy.

Since when did "Creative Play Calling" win games? How did those non-creative playcalling Nebraska teams of the nineties win those National titles? (retorical question, I know the real answer).

Give me a coach who calls plays to help us win. If it's creative, great. If it's boring, great. JUST WIN BABY! We all can agree on that.

Look, I'm no huge fan of CG's yet, but the man deserves a chance. One year of coaching (& during that year, you lose the nation's top running back and an All-American defensive end...and then proceed to have the next 4 running backs behind Hollings play hurt as well) is not enough to judge anyone. MsTech, I understand and agree with quite a bit of what you're saying. I just disagree with you on the amount of time that we're willing to give the coach.

I don't care who he is...I don't think that Vince Lombardi, Bobby Dodd or John Heisman could have won too many more games last year given the breaks that Tech was dealt. Having said that...I think Mr. Lombardi, Mr. Dodd, or Mr. Heisman would have added waterboy to the duties of AJ Suggs by the end of the Clemson or Wake Forest games and removed quarterback from his list.

Hey BeeBad, the followup you didn't include is that the Cowboys were worse, Aikman was worse and Garrett disappeared from the NFL. But I guess Gailey was still wrong, since both Troy and Garrett thought so, eh?

eh, how much credit/blame can anyone take with jerry jones looking over your shoulder and telling them what to do?

still cant believe parcels took that job.

Originally posted by i_bleed_gold_white:

I don't care who he is...I don't think that Vince Lombardi, Bobby Dodd or John Heisman could have won too many more games last year given the breaks that Tech was dealt. Having said that...I think Mr. Lombardi, Mr. Dodd, or Mr. Heisman would have added waterboy to the duties of AJ Suggs by the end of the Clemson or Wake Forest games and removed quarterback from his list.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree, I_bleed, EXCEPT that I have no idea, now, who Mr. Lombardi would have put in the game at QB. What Would Heisman Do?

wink.gif

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You HAVE TO BE KIDDING! Let's not go here - I'd take O'Leary over what we have in a heartbeat! You really, really believe that Chan is going to be a next level guy - looks like he likes to go backwards first and have make a steeper climb doing it!

The next level in GT's case right now is HOPING to beat Duke - oh my God!

Let's talk about dissension following Chan - looks like the Dallas players had it. Looks like GT is IN IT. There is something to this and it's probably blindsiding everyone like it did DBo!

Parcells can handle Jerry - I don't see that with Chan, never! Parcells will stick it in Jerry's face with no problem, but the guy is good!

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Too funny Beeserk.. that was too easy for you !!

Nothing lies at the feet of Gailey - he's untouchable - why?? What is it that makes this guy the Teflon Coach? He would have been perfect for the famous Elliot Ness and his Untouchables fighting crime against the Mob!

Everyone has deficiencies - why not Chan? What is it about this coach that someone takes everything that happens while he's around and lays it at the feet of someone else? Is it some trance he puts folks in? Is it drugs? Is it blindfaith even when there is writing on the wall?

I can understand some stuff but this is wild!

I
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your criticism and dislike for Gailey is well documented MSTA. On an entirely different subject, what in your eyes made O'Leary "untouchable". I liked him to, but he definitely had his faults and question marks too. what gives? I'm curious.

Parcells can handle Jerry - I don't see that with Chan, never! Parcells will stick it in Jerry's face with no problem, but the guy is good!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsTA,

I'm sorry but I'm not sure you know what you are talking about. Do you know why Chan was fired from Dallas? Basically, Chan told him he's the head coach and he's going to do it his way, If not then you're going to have to fire me. JJ told him to hit the road in that case. JJ then brought in the ultimate yes man. That yes man, took a team that was coming off two playoof trips to three consecutive losing seasons. The story behind the firing was pretty much universally reported by Lenny, Mort and the rest of the top NFL reporters. Even JJ backs up that story.

JJ seems to have wised up and said forget yes men, just win baby!

I said previously I had no problem with you because you didn't seem to have an agenda. That doesn't appear to be the case anymore. I don't know if Chan can suceed here, but he has made some nice moves of late and seems to be in control of the football team at this point. Why don't you just take it easy and see how this shakes out. Our support for the entire program can only help the team.

Back