gailey No Stranger To QB Controversies As HC

When things didn't pan out we ranted on George and it was his fault he's the HC- it was never deflected to anyone else - it was him. I even ranted when I didn't like something I saw or felt should have turned out better and blamed him.

The deflecting of anything negative that has occurred at GT since Chan stepped on this campus has a reason, an excuse, an AD, a he didn't know what he was getting into, a something - he's the teflon coach - everything slides right off. Mindboggling!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
You really, really believe that Chan is going to be a next level guy - looks like he likes to go backwards first and have make a steeper climb doing it!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I said nothing of the sort, so don't go painting me in a corner that I am not standing in. I was just pointing out the irony in your post. There are LOTS of poeple who liked O'Leary (including me), but were quite skeptical of his ability of taking us to "the next level". No doubt our program may have died off permanently if not for him though.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
When things didn't pan out we ranted on George and it was his fault he's the HC- it was never deflected to anyone else - it was him. I even ranted when I did like something and blamed him.

The deflecting of anything negative that has occurred at GT since Chan stepped on this campus has a reason, an excuse, an AD, a he didn't know what he was getting into, a something - he's the teflon coach - everything slides right off.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">really?

who blamed joe burns for the maryland loss?

who's oft repeated quote after losses was the following:

"we put the players in the position to win the game but they didn't execute"

could gailey not have stated the same thing for our losses against clemson, WFU and FSU .. all ended with us driving down to win/tie the game.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
When things didn't pan out we ranted on George and it was his fault he's the HC- it was never deflected to anyone else - it was him. I even ranted when I did like something and blamed him.

The deflecting of anything negative that has occurred at GT since Chan stepped on this campus has a reason, an excuse, an AD, a he didn't know what he was getting into, a something - he's the teflon coach - everything slides right off.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">really?

who blamed joe burns for the maryland loss?

who's oft repeated quote after losses was the following:

"we put the players in the position to win the game but they didn't execute"

could gailey not have stated the same thing for our losses against clemson, WFU and FSU .. all ended with us driving down to win/tie the game.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">George was wrong and so was Gailey - that's what I've been saying - there's always an excuse for Gailey - he does no wrong it's always posters saying he didn't know, he had to adjust, he this, he that. Nothing for what is going on now is Chan - that teflon on him has to be very thick!

Originally posted by Axe:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Parcells can handle Jerry - I don't see that with Chan, never! Parcells will stick it in Jerry's face with no problem, but the guy is good!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsTA,

I'm sorry but I'm not sure you know what you are talking about. Do you know why Chan was fired from Dallas? Basically, Chan told him he's the head coach and he's going to do it his way, If not then you're going to have to fire me. JJ told him to hit the road in that case. JJ then brought in the ultimate yes man. That yes man, took a team that was coming off two playoof trips to three consecutive losing seasons. The story behind the firing was pretty much universally reported by Lenny, Mort and the rest of the top NFL reporters. Even JJ backs up that story.

JJ seems to have wised up and said forget yes men, just win baby!

I said previously I had no problem with you because you didn't seem to have an agenda. That doesn't appear to be the case anymore. I don't know if Chan can suceed here, but he has made some nice moves of late and seems to be in control of the football team at this point. Why don't you just take it easy and see how this shakes out. Our support for the entire program can only help the team.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Axe - you not having a problem with me is very nice - the funny part is I have never had a problem with any poster here - you come with an opinion AND I DON'T MAKE IT PERSONAL! I take the high road and everyone else makes it PERSONAL!

I can respect your opinion and you need to respect mine. There is no agenda - it's about what I see and believe. Agendas are for those who have the where with all to make that change - I don't.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:Axe - you not having a problem with me is very nice - the funny part is I have never had a problem with any poster here - you come with an opinion AND I DON'T MAKE IT PERSONAL! I take the high road and everyone else makes it PERSONAL!

I can respect your opinion and you need to respect mine. There is no agenda - it's about what I see and believe. Agendas are for those who have the where with all to make that change - I don't.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Come on MSTA, you have made it personal against our coach. And from your posts it is OBVIOUS you have an agenda. You want Gailey fired. Simple as that. You don't want to give him any chance at all to succeed. You've stated this on many occassion. You think we ought to fire him now before it gets any worse.
That's why some on this board have made it personal against you. Including me. That kind of attitude is extremely destructive and naive.

MsTA now you tell us you ranted at O'Leary when things went bad. When was that? Was it a game by game thing? Did you rant at him during or after the Clemson game in '01? How about BC in '99? I guess we now know what kind of fan you really are. A fair weather one.

I get this image of Ms. TA repremanding an employee in her office at work. The employee leaves and the coworkers ask "what was that about?"

The employee responds "I have no idea. She ranted unintelligibly for a while with random shoutings thrown in every so often. I think she has tourettes syndrome."

JJ
laugh.gif

It is not fair to either credit Gailey nor blame him for Dallas. He captained a sinking ship and there was nothing he could do about it. Johnson assembled dyanamic personel and Switzer, Gailey and Campos were left to preside over the remnants.

I draw nothing positive or negative from Gailey's pro coaching career. Some people here point to it as evidence of his greatness. I see nothing compelling. It is not as though he was an obvious genius like Bellichek or Billick. But, I also see nothing incriminating. He seemed to have been competent.

I guess that is what bothers me about him. He doesn't give you much. It is hard to develop a feeling about Gailey. He is just kind of there and leaves you feeling sort of empty.

Funny you posted that. Didn't Aikman retire after a crappy 2000 season? Guess maybe Chan saw the writing on the wall and knew that although Aikman liked certain plays he couldn't make the throws anymore? Or maybe it was all the concussions Aikman had that he just can't remember what went down
wink.gif

Nothing lies at the feet of Gailey - he's untouchable - why?? What is it that makes this guy the Teflon Coach? He would have been perfect for the famous Elliot Ness and his Untouchables fighting crime against the Mob!

Everyone has deficiencies - why not Chan? What is it about this coach that someone takes everything that happens while he's around and lays it at the feet of someone else? Is it some trance he puts folks in? Is it drugs? Is it blindfaith even when there is writing on the wall?

I can understand some stuff but this is wild!

I

Back