Gailey's "Dual Offensive Coordinator" approach

Re: Gailey\'s "Dual Offensive Coordinator" approach

Originally posted by toe meets leather:
stateline, you are totally correct and all of the politically correct people on the hive and on here will take of the blinders after about 3 games into the season. we will win no more that 5 games at best.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">danny. Nothing wrong with you thinking we will win no more than 5 games. That's your opinion. That's your prediction at best. That's up to you.

No need in my opinion in your "politically correct" and "blinders" statement. I'm not sitting around on the interenet looking for information about the football team I love. I've done a lot to try and find out what's going on. I don't appreciate your "blinder" and "political correct" statement.

I'm getting tired of comments such as that. There was no bashing of different opinions about the situation. Nothing wrong with Stateline and what others said.

From a Dawg's perspective I think the two OC idea is crazy and unprecedented. I've heard of a head coach sharing duties with an OC (Richt shares that responsibility with Neil Calloway), but I've never heard of two assistants sharing coordinator duties. In any event, I think it invites indecision, confusion and second guessing. Who are the players going to look to in critical situations? Who will be responsible for developing the game plan? Who will be responsible for the game day play calling and how will Gailey be apart of this process? I can't think of any positive argument to support such a system.

I fear more bad days ahead for Tech in the future. I don't think Gailey is going to be around for very long, which I'm sure will give many of you pause for celebration.

Originally posted by DawgByte:
[QB]From a Dawg's perspective I think the two OC idea is crazy and unprecedented. I've heard of a head coach sharing duties with an OC (Richt shares that responsibility with Neil Calloway), but I've never heard of two assistants sharing coordinator duties. [QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So, even though Georgia has 2 OC's (Richt and Calloway), the 2 OC idead is crazy and unprecedented? Looks like atleast UGA has precedence.

The fact is, having your HC as your OC doesn't always work, but somtimes it does, having seperate OC and HC doesn't always work, but sometimes it does, and having 2 coaches work as OC doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. Reserve judgement until we see results (or lack thereof) on the field.

Poor dawgbyte is trapped in his small little world of what he has already heard about. Myopic vision like his is what gave us the dark ages.

2003? More like the twilight zone.

Make me administrator for the day, and this guy is toast.
mad.gif

BeerNuts -

Let me repeat myself, maybe this time it will sink in. There is a difference between the UGA and new GT OC situations. In Georgia's case the HC and an assistant are responsible for the offense. What I said was unprecedented was 2 assistants handling the OC duties, which is now the case at GT. I don't know of any Div. 1 program that uses 2 assistant coaches to handle an offense.

At UGA Neil Calloway has the title of OC, but CMR calls the plays during the game. This scenario is very common in Div. 1 football.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Maybe this time this will sink in. Leave and don't come back. Don't want to be ugly, but can't stand to have an arrogant rival fan like yourself being "smart" with a GT fan on StingTalk. You wouldn't walk into his home and do that now would you?

This would be a better place in mind if you were not here. No offense.

To be honest with you. This situation with OC at GT isn't much different than the one at UGA. You make it out to be so. The truth is it's not. All assitant coaches work together.

Let me make this clear to you so that I make sure it sinks in. Wish you were not here. Can I make it any more clear?

From a Dawg's perspective I think the two OC idea is crazy and unprecedented. I've heard of a head coach sharing duties with an OC (Richt shares that responsibility with Neil Calloway), but I've never heard of two assistants sharing coordinator duties. In any event, I think it invites indecision, confusion and second guessing. Who are the players going to look to in critical situations? Who will be responsible for developing the game plan? Who will be responsible for the game day play calling and how will Gailey be apart of this process? I can't think of any positive argument to support such a system.

I fear more bad days ahead for Tech in the future. I don't think Gailey is going to be around for very long, which I'm sure will give many of you pause for celebration.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bla Bla Bla. No offense but to me your opinion doesn't matter on this topic here.

As for your celebration comment. No true GT fan is going to celebrate if GT isn't successful.

You're an arrogant one to come here and post this crap.

BeerNuts -

Let me repeat myself, maybe this time it will sink in. There is a difference between the UGA and new GT OC situations. In Georgia's case the HC and an assistant are responsible for the offense. What I said was unprecedented was 2 assistants handling the OC duties, which is now the case at GT. I don't know of any Div. 1 program that uses 2 assistant coaches to handle an offense.

At UGA Neil Calloway has the title of OC, but CMR calls the plays during the game. This scenario is very common in Div. 1 football.

Hey dagbite, TAKE A FLYING LEAP AT THE MOON!

Back