Game 7 Unis

They are probably wearing white pants, so we decided to go with dark pants. They wear white pants at home a lot. As do many teams. You think their fans fuss because they wear that and WHITE isn't one of their primary colors? That's why we've adopted the navy because almost everybody uses white with their other primary colors to create different combos. We only had one other color besides white so our options were limited. And before you go on about other schools that have white as one of their primary colors, I'm well aware of Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Penn State, Tennessee, etc. and until we are recognized at the level they are, playing at the level they are, and getting recruits at the level they are, we need to have stuff like cool uniform combos that attracts kids to the program. Even those schools have done some alternate uniform combos too except for Bama and maybe Penn State.
Different people = different tastes. I don't like the use of blue in any form, and I never have. And the all blue uniforms are by far the ugliest uniforms I have ever seen, outside of Oregon's uniforms. Black should have been chosen instead of blue many years ago, but no, we can't wear one of the UGA colors, even thought they wear white. The 1990 unis for UVA were perfect --- white jerseys gold helmets and gold pants, with UVA wearing orange jerseys, white helmets, and white pants.
As far as the respective levels of play among schools, what does that have to do with anything. Tech has ALWAYS been the "White and Gold", and that is our brand. Dodd used blue occasionally but not often for away games. Until the NCAA stuck their nose into it in the 80s and early 90s, we had never consistently worn blue until then, and never blue pants. If a prospective recruit considers uniform colors sharp or cool or whatever, then he's obviously got more on his mind than playing football. At that age nearly anything different is cool. Some of them would probably think purple uniforms are cool too, but would you let their opinion there govern the choice? I would hope not, and it shouldn't now either.

They are probably wearing white pants, so we decided to go with dark pants. They wear white pants at home a lot. As do many teams. You think their fans fuss because they wear that and WHITE isn't one of their primary colors? That's why we've adopted the navy because almost everybody uses white with their other primary colors to create different combos. We only had one other color besides white so our options were limited. And before you go on about other schools that have white as one of their primary colors, I'm well aware of Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Penn State, Tennessee, etc. and until we are recognized at the level they are, playing at the level they are, and getting recruits at the level they are, we need to have stuff like cool uniform combos that attracts kids to the program. Even those schools have done some alternate uniform combos too except for Bama and maybe Penn State.

White pants after labor day? I would expect that from us, but from Mr. Jefferson's University? I'm sure some of the UVA faithful will catch the vapors as a result.

Their PRIMARY colors are orange and navy. White is a supplemental color. OUR PRIMARY COLORS ARE WHITE AND GOLD, and blue, other than trim has NEVER been considered a primary color WOW !!!
Why do they get to pick their own primary colors? I thought red, yellow, and blue were everyone’s primary colors, but I guess it’s like gender where you can choose your own.

ɯoɯ ɹnoʎ

54637A3D-5DB4-44A7-93E6-D1D5136E5B1D.jpg

What a ööööty video. Not ONE frame showing the entire uni, head to tow. WTF? And rap music is bad enough, but why pick ööööty rap music?

Are we locked into our media dude or dudette for six or seven years like CGC, or can we replace them at relatively low cost?

Then change the damn song to "Up With the Blue and Gold" and be done with it.

Lots of blue on those unis, with a teeny bit of gold thrown in just for the hell of it.

What a ööööty video. Not ONE frame showing the entire uni, head to tow. WTF? And rap music is bad enough, but why pick ööööty rap music?

Are we locked into our media dude or dudette for six or seven years like CGC, or can we replace them at relatively low cost?

You get dumber by the post

I like the uniform (I think, I want to see the whole thing in one shot); but '82 has a valid point. Media dude doesn't need to be fired; but this isn't his/her/they best work.

xvq8j03.gif

We won our last Natty in Blue, many fans under the age of 90 really love it because of that

our players and recruits Love navy blue

only wearing G/w/G home and away is boring as hell
We won our last Natty in blue because the ******* NCAA stuck their noses in where it didn't belong and required home teams to wear dark jerseys where possible (it is seldom not possible). That then carried over to the Citrus Bowl, but the fans in the stands were almost uniformly in white and gold.
And frankly, I don't give a damn what the players and recruits say they love. That still doesn't make it our color, and they just need to shut up and win games for a change.

I like Gold helmets, period. I wish we never wore the white helmets and only wore the gold ones. I don't really get in a tizzy about the white helmets; but I definitely prefer the gold with no stripe, just the GT; but this thread kinda makes me want to see a Navy Blue helmet just to watch heads explode. :ughinout:

I like Gold helmets, period. I wish we never wore the white helmets and only wore the gold ones. I don't really get in a tizzy about the white helmets; but I definitely prefer the gold with no stripe, just the GT; but this thread kinda makes me want to see a Navy Blue helmet just to watch heads explode. :ughinout:
Oh, it's coming. Maybe against the dwags.

4EA6548A-B635-4CC7-926A-9CAC5AC9A679.gif

Back