Game Ball Thread

Why am I happier about this win than beating FsU?

Game Ball to Sims.

Because they showed progress and corrected one of the two big problems they had in the first three games of the season. That gives me more faith in the coaching staff and their ability to develop these players. And if this great young talent develops, this team will be beastly in a couple of years when the young players become upperclassmen.

Clutch plays all around.

I didn’t notice them with my untrained eye, but Trevor Lawrence and D’Eriq King must have been playing lights out with how much the announcers were talking about them.

Left to do: 1.) Still need to fix placekick protection., 2.) Play four quarters of football. They've beaten FSU and Louisville with good Second Half football, but imagine if they played four quarters that well? If they can start to put together four quarters of football at the level they've flashed they're capable of, they're going to build big leads and then I think the pass rushers are going to start to feast, which means the secondary is also going to start to feast.

Lots of good stuff for the good guys but Hawkins on UL was tough. He hits the LOS at high speed. I don't follow other teams enough to know about him but he was great other than the fumble.

To the S&C coach. Two of those fumbles were us just pulling the ball out. And Carter holding on when UL tried to do it.
that and Gibbs having some "will not be denied" runs, especially when we needed it.

1602299844098.png

Not sure where else to post this from our post game celebration....circa 2009 season

Sims
Gibbs
and the DL in the 4th

down the stretch we collapsed the pocket and played disciplined and prevented Cunningham from getting outside or escaping with easy lanes. We didn’t do that well early but by the 4th quarter they started changing the game.

Sims
Gibbs
and the DL in the 4th

down the stretch we collapsed the pocket and played disciplined and prevented Cunningham from getting outside or escaping with easy lanes. We didn’t do that well early but by the 4th quarter they started changing the game.

Clayton was really big in those last 2 series getting after Cunningham.

Clayton became much better when he started holding the edge. When he started doing that and UL couldn’t go outside at will, it changed everything.

D had some nice adjustments for the 2nd half. Once they could hem in Cunningham a bit, the game changed. No doubt Clayton makes us much better. Let’s hope that he takes off from here.

Fun night out and glad the rain stopped for the 4th...

Back