- Dec 4, 2007
- This is definitely the low point of GT football since I have been a fan.
- Losing to an FCS 3O team followed up by CGC's previous team is unfortunate to say the least. Schedule-results wise, I can't think of a worse way to undermine confidence in the CGC era.
- No real complaints about defense, impressed with their performance overall.
- Offense is hot garbage.
- Can't blame the coaches for Oliver putting the ball on the ground with terrible timing (having a hard time blaming Oliver for the second one, too).
- However, even taking away the fumbles, it really doesn't look like we had enough offensive punch/plan to win the game
- Oliver can hit seam routes well enough. The dude isn't completely incapable of throwing a pass. Focus should be on enabling the run game by punishing box-stacking with quick outs/seams/bubble screens. I still just dont get what our offensive plan is supposed to be.
- Patenaude needs to get out of the box and get on the field. He needs to stfu about all of his smart-boy package/field position calls and focus on getting some simple things running efficiently. Someone needs to tell him very straightforwardly that he is not an offensive mastermind and needs to walk before he runs.
- Collins - I am still on the juice train but unfortunately it looks like his learning curve is going to be steeper than we hoped
- Key - Had and still have no real reason to be excited about him. No one can explain why we are paying this guy $600k, more than he made at Alabama. Looking forward to him proving myself and anyone else that questioned his credentials completely wrong.
- Patenaude - dude's gotta go. Aside from strategic positions (namely C-level), organizations can't afford to weather bad hires if they are obviously not going to pan out. He is BTL, not even a developmental guy, and needs to be processed out.
- Giving CGC a longer-than-normal contract was a harebrained idea. The only way it would have looked good is if CGC really knocked it out of the park his first year. I guess that's still possible... with that said don't know why our ADs insist on writing dumb contracts.