Gameday thread: Tech's future head coach vs. Future team of ATL (Chanticleers vs GSU)

goldbybirth

This space for rent
Is State good? Can we package Collins and Key for some two deep players?

johncu

Dodd-Like
This guy is by far and away the best candidate to be the next coach at GT, IMO. I’ve been watching Coastal since they knocked off BYU during their first 11 win season a couple years, and they are always so entertaining. The first play from scrimmage against GSU was a 50 yard wheel route for a TD against a confused defense. Sound familiar?

They use a lot of option principles, but not traditional flexbone. They are very balanced between run and pass, are equally able to death march or strike quickly. It really feels like the perfect compromise for those who want to bring back some option identity and those who want a balanced offense with a consistent passing threat.

jacket_sav

Varsity Lurker
This guy is by far and away the best candidate to be the next coach at GT, IMO. I’ve been watching Coastal since they knocked off BYU during their first 11 win season a couple years, and they are always so entertaining. The first play from scrimmage against GSU was a 50 yard wheel route for a TD against a confused defense. Sound familiar?

They use a lot of option principles, but not traditional flexbone. They are very balanced between run and pass, are equally able to death march or strike quickly. It really feels like the perfect compromise for those who want to bring back some option identity and those who want a balanced offense with a consistent passing threat.
Completely agree, Tech should do everything they can to get this guy

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer

It's Deion and then Chadwell, anyone who disagrees is wrong

The Jacket

The Coat
You really ought to be better at this. And ordinarily I'd be happy to let you get on with your öööö trolling but we've got 3/4 of a season left to play with a prefired coach and we face the very real prospect that the only light in coming years will be from whatever bridges Collins burns on his way out. Step your game up or öööö all the way off. öööö you and öööö Deion.

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
You really ought to be better at this. And ordinarily I'd be happy to let you get on with your öööö trolling but we've got 3/4 of a season left to play with a prefired coach and we face the very real prospect that the only light in coming years will be from whatever bridges Collins burns on his way out. Step your game up or öööö all the way off. öööö you and öööö Deion.

I'm an option stan and I'm still willing to go all-in with Prime Time. I can tell you're still willing to take half-measures.

Like I said, Deion and then Chadwell. In that order.

The Jacket

The Coat
I'm an option stan and I'm still willing to go all-in with Prime Time. I can tell you're still willing to take half-measures.

Like I said, Deion and then Chadwell. In that order.
Suck a chad well and choke on it. In that order.

muh prime get ööööed

The Jacket

The Coat
I can tell you're a Southern native who thought Collins was just what we needed to out-recruit UGA, lmao, öööö you dipshit
Yeah that is me I still say that about Collins all the time. I might be the only person on this board who ever actually wanted to see the progress.

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
Yeah that is me I still say that about Collins all the time. I might be the only person on this board who ever actually wanted to see the progress.
Would you look at that. A 90's GT grad who's ööööing oblivious, braindead, and is holding the rest of us back.

I will say, at least you can read the tea leaves of our dumbass boosters. Who are they leaning towards? Ken Wisenhunt or Gene Chizik? Curious ears want to know!

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
Chadwell will be somewhere that he won't want to leave to come to Tech if we get Deion first. I'd be happy with just about anyone that has shown they can at least get the team looking like they know what they're doing. I'd prefer Chadwell because I like his offense, but Deion has a chance to completely transform how the rest of Atlanta sees Tech.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I hope someone is a actually in a film room studying film on all these coaches. Look at their decisions. How do they handle the end of games when it is close? How do they handle personnel changes on/off field? How has special teams worked? QB development?

I hope we have some knowledgeable people in a film room right now. I hope we have knowledgeable people reaching out to prior coaching stops and asking questions. I hope we talk to folks who have coaches with, for, and against these coaches.

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope someone is a actually in a film room studying film on all these coaches. Look at their decisions. How do they handle the end of games when it is close? How do they handle personnel changes on/off field? How has special teams worked? QB development?

I hope we have some knowledgeable people in a film room right now. I hope we have knowledgeable people reaching out to prior coaching stops and asking questions. I hope we talk to folks who have coaches with, for, and against these coaches.
Are their teams able to competently punt the football when needed?