Gentlemen, Reggie Ball

I always liked Reggie. He really got jobbed in that 06 georgia game. We were 9-2 coming into that game with only losses being to Notre dame on a bs call and a blowout to clemson. He had some great games that year and I was as pissed for him as I was mad about losing to them again. It was a bullshit fumble return that lost that game, not Reggie. Had we beaten georgia we'd have also beaten wake and would have had a good shot at the OB even if Reggie didn't play. Shame that it ended like it did for him. Really wanted to see him shut up his critics that year

If you still don't like RB after reading that article, then :gtfo:

I liked him when he was playing because he gave it everything he had for the white and gold. Was he a great pro style quarterback? No, but he won some big games for us and did his best. At this level that's about all you can ask. Thanks Reggie for your hard work and dedication.

Reggie had his highs such as the Auburn games and a division championship and lows such as four losses against UGA. Perhaps he will best be remembered as having been voted the worst four year starting QB in the history of college football by College Football News.

Good grief, he was not the second coming of Dan Marino but the "worst four year starting quarterback ..." Well, I would like to see one of those guys go out and beat Auburn not just once but twice.

That fumble return for uga in 06 is still the worst call i have ever seen in a football game to this day.

That fumble return for uga in 06 is still the worst call i have ever seen in a football game to this day.

I just watched this on youtube. Awful. Then I watched UGA's final drive down the field to take the lead with 2 mins left. Awful.

And then I went on to 2009 for Bebe's drop.

WHY voluntarily relive this on a Friday night? I need a rape kit a good friend and a tub of ice cream.

Punishing yourself for missing the game. That's what it is

The PUNisher has gotten to you

I have been a RABID Tech fan all my life, from the 50's to now. Reveled in the Dodd years and suffered thru the down years. Season tic. holder for many years. I sat here and read every post about this RB article and have mixed emotions. I attended BOTH Auburn wins that RB led and was totally THRILLED--but--I also attended every Ugag LOSS. When i stumbled out of Sanford in 06 with the stadium reverberating with REGGIE_REGGIE, i swore i would NEVER go back to Ahole and i haven't. Then came the ACC champ game vs WF and i was there and watched RB miss a wide open CJ by 5 yds. in the end zone. Then came WVA which we should have won. I have NEVER booed a Tech player (no real Tech fan ever should)--but--i was ecstatic that was RB's LAST game (even though he didn't play but that's another story). I respect him as a person and a Tech man--but--i certainly have FEW fond memories of his play at QB. (be gentle with your ridicule).

Last edited:
Nobody likes what happened during Reggie's tenure Beefense. And his legacy will definitely be negative as relates to his overall performance, and even regarding his flippant comment about it being just a game. Of course he is right, it is just a game, but that was a very important one to many people.

But all should keep in mind that he was only as good as the Gailey/Nix offense would allow him to be. And he was only as good as his talents (physical and mental) would allow him to be.

Did anyone go to the lunch bunch with Reggie? Report?

Back