Geoff Collins Highlights Thread

For those who like their pain visually.

GC Point Differential.png
That run from Louisville to UNC were the good ole days.

Lost to the Citadel

Gave up 404 passing yards to Trevor Lawrence in our biggest loss in school history & ACC history

Lost to Temple in a game in which our only points were a safety

Shut out at home for the first time in 382 games

Curb stomped by UCF

Lost to NIU

The only team to lose to Syracuse in 2020

Gave up 389 yards to Kenny Pickett in a 52 point rout by Pitt

Got dunked on by NBC with this gem after giving up 24 to Notre Dame in the 1st quarter (who scored 35 in the first half all season)

1C480050-43B6-4AEE-AA8C-72C560DD1149.jpeg

Getting dumped on by ESPN and local media after losing 0-42 to Ole Miss at home.

D76D3EAE-A49B-452B-88C4-D1746400006C.jpeg

Falling behind Incarnate Word in the Sagarin ratings

9F37C0F0-287C-4057-B263-FD7621704E9B.jpeg
Any other highlights I am missing here?

The Collins era died today

Behind undefeated Incarnate Word? That might be a stretch.

That run from Louisville to UNC were the good ole days.

If you extend it a couple more games, you can get a highwater 5-8 mark. Truly a resume builder if I've ever seen one. You even get two wins over perennial powerhouse: Duke.

For those who like their pain visually.

GC Point Differential.png

Some of my fondest memories growing up are going to GT football games with my Dad. Lots of heartbreak (every game vs FSU in the 90s) and some on-top-of-the-world moments too (2003 Auburn).

That Pitt stinker was my 3 year old’s first GT football game. At least he won’t remember it when he’s older.

When you stop and think about it, what Collins did here was very improbable. Vegas odds for any type of performance and outcome this bad at the time he was initially hired would have been 100:1.

+ the following…
- Twice the largest margin of defeat in UGA/GT series history (52-7, 45-0)
- The three worst home shutout losses in school history (45-0, 45-0, 42-0)
- Worst conference loss by any acc team in conference history; most points ever given up in a home game (73-7)
- Acheieved statistically the No. 1 worst passing defense in all of CFB (2021)
- More kicks blocked than FGs made in a season (2020)
- Didn’t understand clock rules (2019, Citadel)
- Called for a QB spike with 90 seconds left in the first half to save time (2020, UCF)
- Drained 60 seconds of clock when we would have gotten the ball back before halftime; got manipulated by opposing coach into burning timeouts and mocked by announcers (2022, Clemson)
First coach to take a crowd poll for what to do. (2021 FG attempt changed to going to for it on 4th against NIU)

When you stop and think about it, what Collins did here was very improbable. Vegas odds for any type of performance and outcome this bad at the time he was initially hired would have been 100:1.
BiGgEsT rEbUiLd In FoOtBaLl HiStOrYyY

because im a sadist i watched the first few minutes of the clowns introductory presser. man he was shoveling the öööö from day one. and looking back there was zero substance to it.

Back