Geoff Collins Highlights Thread

I’d be kind of curious to see a “superlatives” list for every game of the CGC era. A couple of surprising wins as underdogs, to be fair, but also a lot of “blown out as a favorite, lost at home as a favorite, gave up 6th most yards in opponent history, allowed opponent to match their season average in the first half” kinds of things. We’re building up quite a resume of frustration and futility, even without the all-time historic beatings.

JRjr

The transition has been brutal. We’ve racked up 3 or 4 “worst loss ever” to teams we’ve played at least a dozen times. Add in “biggest margin in defeat”in the ACC, which I believe the Clemson loss was, and it really stings.

At least we are transitioning to passing/rushing records from scoring records.

There's a very real chance that after three years of Geoff Collins' football, the only team with a winning record we will have beaten is Kennesaw State.
Been saying that for the last month.
Hey, gotta start somewhere.

But what gets me too is how, after year 1, Collins put in that 10/10/10 Club thing to make up the ground on all those "close losses" we had in 19.
Now, he says, and I quote, "we’re now to the point in the program we’re in these close games, which we haven’t been in the past."

The other side of the coin is ... we're in close games against teams that suck.

My truck is paid for. No need to go used vehicle shopping any time soon.

20211120_154007.jpg

I don't see how anybody can say our offensive line has improved. Blitzers were reaching Yates yesterday almost as fast as the snap was. On one play our center turned backwards to look at Yates and the nose man easily went around him and got the sack. I guess the center wanted to see if the snap didn't go over his head.

Largest shut out loss to UGA. 3rd largest in the entire series.

Finishing off the 3rd year of his tenure losing the last 2 games 100-0.

Back