Geoff Collins Highlights Thread

When is the defensive coaching staff going to learn they can’t run players in and out constantly against fast paced offensive schemes? The D looked disorganized a lot of the time. Plus, I don’t see how running players in and out keeps them any fresher than if they just stay on the field.

Top 10 Wins of Geoff Collins' Tenure:
1) 2020 FSU
2) 2019 Miami
3) 2020 Louisville
4) 2019 NCSU
5) 2020 Duke
6) 2019 USF
7)
8)
9)
10)

Besides the point but FSU sucked I’d move them to 5 and shift everything up. Duke should be ahead because they had a ludicrous win streak against us that was nice to end.

Top 10 Wins of Geoff Collins' Tenure:
1) 2020 FSU
2) 2019 Miami
3) 2020 Louisville
4) 2019 NCSU
5) 2020 Duke
6) 2019 USF
7)
8)
9)
10)
And you’ll still be short by the end of this season. Three wins a year is his ceiling.

When is the call in show? That could be more entertaining than the games this year.
Clown will bail on it
He’ll have some lame excuse
He doesn’t want tough questions
He’ll say he’s not supposed to answer questions about Northern Illinois

Here’s one to add.

Going back to 1983, GT has suffered 28+ defeats at home to unranked ACC opponents 4 times - 1983 (Clemson), 2003 (Clemson)….

and Geoff Collins owns the other 2 by himself - VT (2019) and Pitt (2021).
Damn. That’s an elite level of suck right there

Lost to the Citadel

Gave up 404 passing yards to Trevor Lawrence in our biggest loss in school history & ACC history

Lost to Temple in a game in which our only points were a safety

Shut out at home for the first time in 382 games

Curb stomped by UCF

Lost to NIU

The only team to lose to Syracuse in 2020

Gave up 389 yards to Kenny Pickett in a 52 point rout by Pitt

Any other highlights I am missing here?

The Collins era died today

Good summary. I'd add it's worse when considering the childish off the field stuff - 404 TakeOver, MoneyDown, ATL on the helmets, rap music at practice and weight lifting in the end zone before games.

Giving up 636 yards to UVA in his third year. The 6th most in their program history.

Last edited:
Gave up 396 to UVA tonight. More than Pitt but less than UVA’s average the past four games. I’m not sure if it should be pinned or not. The defense is not good at all
Crybabies going to cry.

We had 570 yards. Defense needs an overhaul

Offense sucks, defense sucks, coaching sucks worse.
The offense looks pretty decent. We got critical BS hold calls on two consecutive possessions while UVA got away with a WR holding our DB out of bounds.

Back