Geoff: Through Game 1

Discussion in 'Football' started by EastboundJacket, Aug 30, 2019.

1. KrazieJacket

KrazieJacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Panama City, Florida
    Team:
    GT
    I don’t consider my failure a repost. I think it would be better termed re-dripping juice... or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

2. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I meant the video I posted was probably a repost, but I didn't feel like taking 5-10 minutes to scan the board.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WracerX

WracerX Dr. Dunkingstein

Loc:
    Somewhere in the early 80's
    Team:
    GT
    They are trying to even out the betting lines.

I’m betting 3 wins out of conference and 3 wins in. Also, VT will be coach hunting in Nov.

No way CGC loses to Temple. Team will rally to get coach his first win this week. Citadel ded because CPJ left the blueprint.

4. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I understand that but that is exactly the point. They believe that approximately half will bet the over but half will bet the under of 3.5 wins. That's not what I would call "bowl talent level".

5. WracerX

WracerX Dr. Dunkingstein

Loc:
    Somewhere in the early 80's
    Team:
    GT
    It is a reflection of the betting public.

With CPJ, everyone in the GT community and Vegas would peg us as a bowl team. The scheme CGC will probably cost us a game in the offensive transition. This will be the best D we have had since Wommack. The talent is there if CGC can develop a workable QB.

6. KrazieJacket

KrazieJacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Panama City, Florida
    Team:
    GT
    And youre both gay. Very intelligent very good dudes but misguided sometimes. Quit arguing with each other.

7. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Seriously, that's a great look for CGC. Instead of some fake rant about all our mistakes, he's just out there supporting the players and letting them know they're all still on the same side.

• Like Like x 6
  8. swampsting

swampsting Dodd-Like

Loc:
    God's Country
    Team:
    Ga Tech
    we had just gotten the fumble. we had momentum. it was only 7-0. and with Tobias at QB, why bother calling a pass, for a couple of reasons?
    show them that you're here to win. and show your players, too.
    or if you're going to punt, take a delay or a false start to give Super Leg some room.

9. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Is that the punt that hit the pylon for a touchback or the one fair caught at the 15? I wouldn't call a run on 4th and 5.

10. Techbert

Techbert Dodd-Like

What is your evidence? We are engineers after all, and you need to bring forward more than feelings.

Impartial observers who watch recruiting do not say this. Pick any service and any year you choose. Even this last year before CGC came in.

Impartial observers who predict annual performance do not say this. Pick any you choose.

I look at the ATL list for Saturday, and of the top 65-ish players I see only 8 seniors that Johnson recruited plus 2 seniors that CGC transferred in. That is not the hallmark of inheriting a talented team. It is the hallmark of the opposite.

I count about 21 freshmen in that top 65, of which half are true freshmen. That is not the hallmark of inheriting a talented team. It reeks of desperation. That's most of your depth as freshmen.

I note the lack of eligibility of the transfers CGC brought in were considered a major blow to the team. That is not one of the hallmarks of inheriting a talented team.

You are entitled to your gold-colored glasses, but methinks you are using it to perpetuate a myth with the hidden agenda of attacking the new coach for his first year performance, which is both unethical and detrimental to the program you claim to support.

I look at our roster and I see 7 quality players CGC inherited and about 6 athletic players who have not harnessed their talents into quality play yet. I am not calling anyone out because our team's effort level is off the charts and we should applaud them all, but to quote a recently retired coach, IIWII.

I am open to evidence to the contrary. Tell me how many players CGC inherited who were on the field Thursday you would categorize as quality players. Not just names you recognize or names you have been expecting to step up for years now or names you are hopeful about, but players who have actually stepped up on the field. I would also like the input of the former players we have on this board.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  11. 00Burdell

00Burdell Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Parts unknown
    Team:
    Georgia Tech and whoever is playing Ugag
    Vegas does not nor has it ever agreed with or disagreed with anything. It just draws a line between those who do and those who don't.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  12. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    That's an interesting take. I understand 100% what Vegas does...they try to set a line such that they get equal bets on each side so that they have less or no money at risk. But you do realize that is, in and of itself, saying that they believe that the 3.5 wins is what will get equal bets on each side, right?

13. 00Burdell

00Burdell Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Parts unknown
    Team:
    Georgia Tech and whoever is playing Ugag
    They take a guess - a pretty good guess at that- then the nudge the line to equalize the dollars bet on each team. Then they pay the winners with the loser's money after taking a "small fee"

With respect to the actual game, it is the very definition of agnostic.

14. gtrower

gtrower Dodd-Like

Loc:
    DC
    Team:
    GT
    So 2021? At the rate we’re currently turning over the roster, it’s gonna be 65% CGC players in 2020 and 90% by 2021.

15. MidGABuzz

MidGABuzz Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    Macon
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Pssst!! He's still 0-1 as head coach for GT.....

That being said, and I love saying this, he can only improve!

16. JJacket

JJacket 1st to pass for 2500 and rush for 1000

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Same record as Tenuta

17. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    The cliche is that the most improvement comes between Game #1 and Game#2--for any team. Both Georgia Tech and South Florida could see big jumps in performance.

18. JacketForLife

JacketForLife No more small ball, thanks

Loc:
    Your Head
    Team:
    Ramblin' Wreck
    There wasn’t a talent deficit. Our game plan against Iowa was retarded. We were not prepared.

• Like Like x 2
  19. JacketForLife

JacketForLife No more small ball, thanks

Loc:
    Your Head
    Team:
    Ramblin' Wreck

I’ll put it to you this way. We are 1-4 against Dook the past 5 years. A talented team would put away Dook like we did in 09 every single time. Now, we can’t even beat them consistently.

And here we are comparing ourselves to Dook. Sad.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 684Bee

684Bee Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    If you’d been paying attention, you’d know that Duke has made big strides in the last several years. This isn’t the same old Duke that teams would schedule for Homecoming to ensure a W.

Duke outspends GT in football now. Duke has more recruiting personnel than GT now.

GT has to pick it up on the funding side and with recruiting. The former helps with the latter, and the money comes from fans. So, look in the mirror.

• Dislike Dislike x 1