Geoff: Through Game 1

Discussion in 'Football' started by EastboundJacket, Aug 30, 2019.

1. swampsting

swampsting Dodd-Like

Loc:
    God's Country
    Team:
    Ga Tech
    The thing that pissed me off the most last night ... not going for it on fourth and 5 at their 37 after the fumble. I was apoplectic.
    I hope Collins gets a little more of that "f--- it, let's do this, we're here to win" streak in him.

• Like Like x 6
  2. BigDanT

BigDanT Actually John Goodman

Loc:
    Lawrenceville
    Team:
    Yellow jackets
    That’s damn right.

3. NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Kennesaw,Ga
    Team:
    GaTech in the ShawnJonesNattyBlueJerseys
    No other GT HC got boat raced by MTSU or lost to a horrible Kansas State program either

In fact CPJ is the only GT HC that could recruit so poorly that he was able to ELEVATE Dook's FB Program with all the Academic Qualifiers from GA HSs that went to Dook to play in a more traditional, less gimmicky Offense

CPJ is the guy most responsible for the CFB Renaissance at places like Dook & Kentucky, his poor recrootin was literally forcing GA HS players onto those guys rosters helping them win games that most thought they'd never win

CPJ's recrootin was a program builder, it just so happens it was other programs that he built

• Big Cry Big Cry x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  4. JJacket

JJacket 1st to pass for 2500 and rush for 1000

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Only because Johnson ran more clock between plays, moron. We are rebuilding a team. Get over yourself

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. JJacket

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Once Collins has his 3rd year of recruits in here, I expect losses to teams like Duke to be rare. Cutcliffe owned CPJ defensively.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ed Sawyer

Ed Sawyer I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.

Loc:
    New York City
    Team:
    Ma Tech
    We had the ball for 28 minutes. Clock doesn't explain 632 yards. Keep whistling past the graveyard, JJacket. And tell your [ removed ] she forgot her toothbrush at my place.

[​IMG]

• Big Cry Big Cry x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JJacket

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    And we needed a miracle to beat Gardner Webb in CPJ's first season. Your point?

• Like Like x 1
  8. JJacket

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    You can jump off the bandwagon and right back onto CPJ's cock, if you like. I supported CPJ when he was here. We had some dreadful games under his reign you apparently have chose to forget about in your zeal to hate our new coach after only one game.
    We played probably the best Clemson team in the history of that program. That seems lost on you. Trevor has only lost one game as starting QB all the way back through middle school. One loss and it was in the state championship.
    Had he started against us last season, he likely would have thrown for more than the 4 TD's he had. We were dominated last year. So your big thing you have is MAYBE we could have lessened the damage by running more clock between plays? Just ööööing great. We would have still gotten destroyed trying QB keeps and FB dives. I doubt CPJ would have tried option pitches since they would have been blown up.
    Get over yourself, asshole. We would have still gotten the öööö beaten out of us with CPJ at the helm. Yeah, maybe less yards at Clemson only because we milked clock.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. GT65_UGA89

GT65_UGA89 ATL poster

Loc:
    N Forsyth
    Team:
    Ramblin' Wreck
    Get over the total number of yards given up. It’s irrelevant to where we are as a program in terms of the roster, scheme, and changing the culture of the program.

Besides, what did these stats get us?

upload_2019-8-31_9-51-17.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  10. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    A lot of BETA fans showing their true stripes after getting whipped by the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS & CONSENSUS BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

EABOD BETAS.

11. EffinDane

EffinDane Dodd-Like

Loc:
    BDS@HGF
    Team:
    GT
    Can y'all ban this asshole too

• Like Like x 6
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 2
  12. MACHETE

MACHETE Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    Tijuana
    Team:
    Jackets
    Pretty good look I must admit.

13. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Exactly. An aggressive defense is going to give up big plays when they are athletically overmatched. Its still better than death by a thousand paper cuts. Quibbling over stats in losses is is the height of silliness.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. 84 Civil

84 Civil Flats Noob

Loc:
    McDonough
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    CPJ always talked about the huge improvement from week 1 to week 2. Once the swelling goes down I think we're going to be alright.

• Like Like x 1
  15. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    You wanna go for it on 4th and 5 when we were unable to complete passes? Watching the game, I felt like we were going to have a better chance scoring on defense. Swilling almost did. Its okay to be gutsy, but not just for its own sake.

16. NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Kennesaw,Ga
    Team:
    GaTech in the ShawnJonesNattyBlueJerseys
    I'm 1000% behind CGC we need more fans like me

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  17. beej67

beej67 new around here

Loc:
    the smouldering hellscape of east cobb
    Team:
    GT
    Part of this is offensive scheme change, numerically speaking. Yds per play or drive efficiency would be a better metric.

18. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I'll preface this post by acknowledging that I'm responding to a banned poster who can't reply right now...

Here's the thing: the difference between losing to Clemson by 28 last year or 38 this year is insignificant. Both were games in which we were completely and obviously outmatched from the opening kick. Some early miscues accelerated the manifestation of this on the scoreboard, but it was apparent to anyone with a clue before the game even started. In other words, we were not going to have a serious chance to win last night, just as we did not have a serious chance to win last year.

At his best, Paul Johnson could take an unheralded group and win an Orange Bowl with them. At his worst, he could follow that up with a 3-9 season. What he never could do is upgrade the level of talent, which is a key component to building a program. All of this grandstanding about how PJ never lost by more than 35 and only lost to Clemson by 28 last year while CGC lost by 38 in his first game is a feeble attempt to mask the fact that the talent assembled by PJ is not sufficient for ANY coach to even compete with the big boys. The new staff is serious about recruiting, and it shows. They're working to narrow the talent gap so that in a few years we have a chance in these types of games.

Until then, all of this boasting about margin of defeat or total yards is just avoiding the harsh realities of where we're at from a talent standpoint.

• Like Like x 15
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. ncjacket

ncjacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Who is this "we" you keep talking about? I have never seen anything from you that is positive about Tech.

• Like Like x 1
  20. atlanta jacket

atlanta jacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    atlanta ga
    Team:
    georgia tech
    Excellent post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1