Geoff: Through Game 1

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Jet let Ed have his moment while we're in a transition year. He's demonstrated that he has no interest in seeing CGC succeed, so he's going to be very active after losses.
Don't know why he comes on here.

After Ed Sawyer moved to Mayberry he was never seen on the show again.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
That is a common theme on this board; but reality is that Paul Johnson inherited a team that got blasted by LSU in year 1 and blasted again in year 2 by Iowa because the scheme wasn't enough to get past the talent deficit. Sure, CPJ inherited DThomas who was great; but reality is that JfN and Dwyer were not NFL caliber talent and benefited greatly by the scheme and how CPJ used them. While CGC's team got smashed last night in the debut, there is more talent on this team than this board is ready to admit; but I think it will be revealed as the season moves along hopefully starting next week.
Dude we had two first round picks, a third plus 5th round Dwyer on that team. Burnett, Thomas and Derrick Morgan all were NFL stars and had long careers. Dwyer would've had a decent NFL career had he not turned wife beater. Thats alone is more talent alone than PJ recruited in 11 years.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Dude we had two first round picks, a third plus 5th round Dwyer on that team. Burnett, Thomas and Derrick Morgan all were NFL stars and had long careers. Dwyer would've had a decent NFL career had he not turned wife beater. Thats alone is more talent alone than PJ recruited in 11 years.
Dwyer turned into a fat boy, but I digress. That, and he was not trained in pass pro while in college.

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
This.

We have forgotten how a full-length football game, with a normal number of possessions for each side. looks like.
Yes, and sitting there through the whole damn thing last night, it seemed like it would NEVER end.

That's the one thing I'll miss about CPJ games. They moved at a nice clip, and if you're ahead that's a good thing.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
Jet let Ed have his moment while we're in a transition year. He's demonstrated that he has no interest in seeing CGC succeed, so he's going to be very active after losses.
I want nothing more than for us to go 11-1 so I can eat the biggest plate of crow I can find. I'll be here for every win, noting things that we did well, and I'll be here after every loss, noting things that we didn't do so well. It's no secret that I think Geoff's hire was a bad one, but I'll be happy if he succeeds here and that his schtick actually works.

Also, last night's 38 point loss by Geoff was the largest margin of defeat since 2005. That's another mark that Johnson didn't accomplish in his 143-game tenure here.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I want nothing more than for us to go 11-1 so I can eat the biggest plate of crow I can find. I'll be here for every win, noting things that we did well, and I'll be here after every loss, noting things that we didn't do so well. It's no secret that I think Geoff's hire was a bad one, but I'll be happy if he succeeds here and that his schtick actually works.

Also, last night's 38 point loss by Geoff was the largest margin of defeat since 2005. That's another mark that Johnson didn't accomplish in his 143-game tenure here.
Whoop dee doo. Either Clemson or uga could have beaten us by 70 the last couple years if they so desired. I like CPJ, but you're resorting to touting garbage time points now to prop up his record and throw shade at a guy with only one game under his belt.

Last edited:

gtgtgt1

Dodd-Like
Maybe Dabo had a general respect for PJ and remembered being his bitch for a while and would call off the dogs. The playcalling last night was a welcome call for the new guy, and probably could have been worse than the score had they really wanted it.

Team never quit and can't really expect more than that. Seems they have bought in. Why not give them a shot?

Ed Sawyer

You're also free to say positive things after a loss.
I did! I posted some things on the positive thread. I actually really like Brown as a slot receiver. We need to get the ball in his hands more. I think he's a star in the making.

Ed Sawyer

Whoop dee doo. Either Clemson or uga could have beaten us by 70 the last couple years if they so desired. I like CPJ, but you're resorting to touting garbage time points now to prop up his record and throw shade at a guy with only one game under his belt.
I'm stating facts. Paul never lost by 38 or gave up 632 yards or let the other team average 8.4 yards per carry and Geoff did all of these things in his first game. It's kind of funny if you let it be.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I'm stating facts. Paul never lost by 38 or gave up 632 yards or let the other team average 8.4 yards per carry and Geoff did all of these things in his first game. It's kind of funny if you let it be.
Some twisted truth, but disregarding the fact that (witness duke in 2018) CPJ was more interested in glorifying his O than trying to come back and win.

If he can use his O to, one, enhance his rushing stats and, two, keep the ball from the other team thereby helping to keep their O stats low (instead of with sound D) then that is the most important thing to him.

2018 - duke ahead by 14 in the fourth qtr. CPJ does exactly what the opponent wanted. Run a death march that killed any chance for us to win.

ronricks

Flats Noob
Some twisted truth, but disregarding the fact that (witness duke in 2018) CPJ was more interested in glorifying his O than trying to come back and win.

If he can use his O to, one, enhance his rushing stats and, two, keep the ball from the other team thereby helping to keep their O stats low (instead of with sound D) then that is the most important thing to him.

2018 - duke ahead by 14 in the fourth qtr. CPJ does exactly what the opponent wanted. Run a death march that killed any chance for us to win.
CPJ blew how many 4th quarter leads here? It was a lot. Tennessee game was a damn embarrassment.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Paul Johnson inherited better players. It's going to take Collins 3 recruiting cycles before we're back in the hunt for an ACCC.
yeah collins didn't inherit a 4 star LB, three 4 star DBs, a 4 star DE, a 4 star QB and another QB who committed to Paul and was later bumped up to 4 stars. It was all a bunch low 3s and 2 stars. the cupboard was bare.