Georgia State 35 Tennessee 23 F

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I remember when our 1956 team lost to them in Atlanta for our only loss that year. Tenn, with Johnny Majors at tailback, went on to win the national championship (and lose their bowl game). Really tough loss. That NC could have been ours.
Whoa ! I thought I was old for being at the 1966 win that earned us the Orange Bowl bid.

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
Their fans. Schiano would have made them respectable.
Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt. So much for firing Phat Phil.
How in the hell would Schiano do well? He's a mediocre head coach. It was Fulmer that went and destroyed their chance to get Leach.

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
Schiano won at Rutgers and his teams generally play great physical Defense

Schiano was a better choice than Pruitt
Schiano was 1 win above .500 at Rutgers. He saw 1 good year and a handful of other decent years. He was a terrible nfl coach who presided over some bad issues within the program.

He may have been a better choice than Pruitt. Time will tell. But I completely emphasize with Tennessee fans on rejecting Schiano. Really, seeing the downfall of Tennessee has been spectacular to see. I really wish it could be uga though.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Schiano was 1 win above .500 at Rutgers. He saw 1 good year and a handful of other decent years. He was a terrible nfl coach who presided over some bad issues within the program.

He may have been a better choice than Pruitt. Time will tell. But I completely emphasize with Tennessee fans on rejecting Schiano. Really, seeing the downfall of Tennessee has been spectacular to see. I really wish it could be uga though.

At a place like Rutgers 1 win above .500 is considered winning

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
At a place like Rutgers 1 win above .500 is considered winning
I get your point, but a coach with a barely winning record at rutgers, bad reputation as a coach in the nfl, with no connections the south (one of Butch Jones major issues) shouldn't even sniff the Tennessee job.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
Usually a proven head coach is a better bet than an unproven assistant. At a major program.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I get your point, but a coach with a barely winning record at rutgers, bad reputation as a coach in the nfl, with no connections the south (one of Butch Jones major issues) shouldn't even sniff the Tennessee job.
So Tennessee got an alcoholic, redneck that knows the South as their coach. How is that working out for them?

F

flushed 01

So Tennessee got an alcoholic, redneck that knows the South as their coach. How is that working out for them?
They have suffered since Fulmer left, it is a mystery. They have all the elements of a top 10 program.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Pruitt got his start in the coaching profession as a member of Russ Probst's staff at the dirty Hoover High program

Example, they found a loophole in the HS rules in Alabama wrt residency requirements that allowed a transfer from out of State to play their Sr year in HS even if they turned 19 before the school year ended vs players in-State that couldn't play if they turned 19 before the school yr ended

That's where Pruitt got his start in FB coaching

I'd take Schiano every day of the week and twice on Sunday before I'd deal with a dirtbag like Pruitt

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
They have suffered since Fulmer left, it is a mystery. They have all the elements of a top 10 program.
You sound like the typical delusional Vol fan

Tenn is a 7-5 or 8-4 program that just happens to have a big stadium

Even with our so-called academic situation, GT is better situated than Tenn to be a consistent 10 win program

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot

Even with our so-called academic situation, GT is better situated than Tenn to be a consistent 10 win program
Well we are finally going to get a chance to test that theory it appears.

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
Umm Fulmer made them compete for SEC championships and won a natty. They have bigger fish to fry than 7-5 and 8-4. That's the expectation for them but no big-name coach wants that job right now. Also, the game has changed since Fulmer left. They need someone that knows x's and o's and who can recurit their tail off.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

The last time Tenn was relevant, the 5 yrs that they had Manning & Tee Martin at QB was over 20 yrs ago and resulted from a perfect storm of good fortune that isn't likely to happen again anytime soon

Earl Bruce was at tOSU and wasn't a great recruiter or a charismatic HC, so Tenn got lucky and poached great talent out of Ohio, Donn_n was at UGA and missed out on Deion Grant, Jamal Lewis, and Cosey Coleman out of GA, all went on to be 3-4 yr starters at Tenn before going to the NFL

Since then tOSU has had Sweater Vest & Urban Meyer as HCs basically shutting down the State of Ohio to outsiders like Tenn, UGA has had Richt & Kirby dominating enough of the Top recruits in GA to make life hard for Tenn, throw in Dabo and Saban and Tenn is getting little to nothing from GA Recruiting wise

Combine all that above with Tenn's Recrootin getting squeezed from the North (Ohio) and from the South (GA), add in the fact that HS FB in Tenn is atrocious compared to the rest of the deep South and shazaam, you get what you have right now

A garbage program with a big stadium and bunch of loud mouth alums still taking about 1 five-yr window from decades ago where all the stars lined up

Those days are never coming back Tenn, I enjoy this because Tenn is one of those programs that I love to see in a miserable State of affairs

Thank God GT is in the Atlanta MSA