Georgia State 35 Tennessee 23 F

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
They are consistently recruiting classes ranked 10-20. There is talent but the coaching has been below average and the competition they face is pretty good. What they really need is some consistency and good coaching. They should have hired Cutcliffe years ago. They haven't had a QB in ages. Harrison Bailey is the shining hope right now if they can land him.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Tenn doesn't have the built in advantages of UGA, Ohio State, USC, Florida, FSU, Michigan and Bama: large state university in states that have a ton of top football talent. They are more like South Carolina.

BUT they built a top program and won like those programs for many years so I think the AA and fanbase is having a hard time accepting they aren't the same and that they might need to be different to sustain winning. Hiring Pruitt is a band aid type move. I think at places like Tenn you have to win with offense first so Pruitt is not the answer. They hired a OC that wants to play ball control, smash it down your throat. No teams do that much anymore and only ones that seem to succeed with it are Bama and UGA.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
They are consistently recruiting classes ranked 10-20. There is talent but the coaching has been below average and the competition they face is pretty good. What they really need is some consistency and good coaching. They should have hired Cutcliffe years ago. They haven't had a QB in ages. Harrison Bailey is the shining hope right now if they can land him.
H Bailey would be smart to take a real long look at NC State, Dook, UNC, or UVa, he'd likely get better coaching and improve his NFL chances

Assuming that he's not gonna find religion and choose GT

GT desperately needs a strong armed pass first QB

F

flushed 01

I think Cutcliffe turned them down

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
Schiano vs not schiano vs Pruitt... It doesn't really matter, well see how they do, but I'm still pissed that Tennessee hired Derek ööööing Dooley when those stupid mutts would have hired him. It would be so glorious to see uga in the state of Tennessee's program right now

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
I think Cutcliffe turned them down
He did turn them down a couple years ago, so it's not going to happen now. I'm talking more like 2008, 2010 time frame. I think the biggest problem is finding a good coach who will take the job. The scrutiny and pressure and expectations are just way too high when compared to reality. It would be quite hard to succeed here. Especially if you aren't from here (I'm not). Johnny Majors was a TN guy through and through, and Fulmer was also born here, and was an assistant at UT forever before he got the job. I think they would give a little more rope to "one of their own" but who is the right guy?

We're lucky to have a coach that really wants to be here and embraces what GT is with both arms.

F

flushed 01

Tennessee won in 1998. In the minds of today’s players and recruits, that was during the Eisenhower administration.
What does that make 1990 look like, just saying. They play AL, Ga, Au and UF every year, where would we be.

originalwombat

Damn Good Rat
UT can lay claim to being a traditional CFB powerhouse. They have the history to back it up - just not in the last 10 years. They are in desperate need of a good coach. They may have him now (last week's game notwithstanding). It's too soon to tell. Recruiting is going well. When a lot of high-star guys are committing from Georgia and Florida, that's a good sign for UT. And that's what is happening.

F

flushed 01

UT can lay claim to being a traditional CFB powerhouse. They have the history to back it up - just not in the last 10 years. They are in desperate need of a good coach. They may have him now (last week's game notwithstanding). It's too soon to tell. Recruiting is going well. When a lot of high-star guys are committing from Georgia and Florida, that's a good sign for UT. And that's what is happening.
You are correct, the right coach can win big at UT.

F

flushed 01

And we play CU, uga, Miami, and Virginia Tech every year. And our instate rival isn't Vanderbilt.
Wow, how long has CU been a power, when was UM last a power, never was VT a power and of course we play UGAG.