Georgia State 35 Tennessee 23 F

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
I never thought Clemson would be where they are today either. Ten years ago, I pictured FSU and Miami dominating the ACC for the next decade or so.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
I never thought Clemson would be where they are today either. Ten years ago, I pictured FSU and Miami dominating the ACC for the next decade or so.
Ten years ago, we had just beaten Miami 4 times in a row to welcome them to the ACC and Bobby Bowden went 7-6.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Well to be fair Clemson is likely cheating something awful right now. Their B-ball assistant who was recorded by the FBI admitting to paying b-ball recruits alluded to the football program having “figured it out” first. They have 5* DL suddenly getting turned away from a historically mediocre program in a podunk SC town with limited recruiting base. Hell they just had a handful of players test positive for PEDs.

Doesn’t take a detective to see they’ve very likely gone all in.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Well to be fair Clemson is likely cheating something awful right now. Their B-ball assistant who was recorded by the FBI admitting to paying b-ball recruits alluded to the football program having “figured it out” first. They have 5* DL suddenly getting turned away from a historically mediocre program in a podunk SC town with limited recruiting base. Hell they just had a handful of players test positive for PEDs.

Doesn’t take a detective to see they’ve very likely gone all in.
Apparently the key is to do this quickly and get into the top ten. At that point the NCAA will leave you alone bacause you are a key part of their revenue generation process.
The FBI just got a ruling from a Federal Judge that they do not have to give the info they have to the NCAA. Now the NCAA can claim they tried and the mess can be swept under the rug without damaging any cash cows.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
why does OP have the score wrong?
Cause Tenn scored with 2 seconds left in the game, before that State got a late FG, should be 38-30

I don't wanna cause any drama, but you know who was the King of the late TD to make blowout games & 2-3 score losses look much closer

It was basically a 38-23 blowout

18in32

Petard Hoister
I don't wanna cause any drama, but you know who was the King of the late TD to make blowout games & 2-3 score losses look much closer
Every coach ever who was losing by 2-3 scores and taught his players never to give up?

Don't claim you don't want to cause any drama and then go around saying dumb melodramatic things.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
And we play CU, uga, Miami, and Virginia Tech every year. And our instate rival isn't Vanderbilt.
You are corresponding with a doofus. They dont play Auburn every year. They do have the brutality of Bama as their permanent, and yes, that is real real bad, but its not like georgie or UF have high school permanent opponents.

The reality is Auburn is the yardstick comparison to Tennessee. Big state school in the SEC who has to recruit Atlanta to compete. Tennessee should be at the level of Auburn.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
You are corresponding with a doofus. They dont play Auburn every year. They do have the brutality of Bama as their permanent, and yes, that is real real bad, but its not like georgie or UF have high school permanent opponents.

The reality is Auburn is the yardstick comparison to Tennessee. Big state school in the SEC who has to recruit Atlanta to compete. Tennessee should be at the level of Auburn.
Uh isn't Gus on the hot seat with talk of his firing if they don't have a big season

Maybe they are more like Auburn than we know

Aubie's looking at 5 losses based on what I saw, with 2 of those being Bama & UGA he's good as fired after this season

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Uh isn't Gus on the hot seat with talk of his firing if they don't have a big season

Maybe they are more like Auburn than we know

Aubie's looking at 5 losses based on what I saw, with 2 of those being Bama & UGA he's good as fired after this season
Wait, you think Tennessee and Auburn are equivalent how? Auburn is ranked where? 7-5 is a very, very pessimistic worst case scenario for Auburn. Its an optimistic best case scenario at UT.

Tenessee would kill to be ranked, coming off a big top 10 win, and with a worst case pessimist scenario of 7-5.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Wait, you think Tennessee and Auburn are equivalent how? Auburn is ranked where? 7-5 is a very, very pessimistic worst case scenario for Auburn. Its an optimistic best case scenario at UT.

Tenessee would kill to be ranked, coming off a big top 10 win, and with a worst case pessimist scenario of 7-5.
I was only referring to both HCs being fired at the end of the season

Aubie's ranking will mean nothing later in the season