Georgia State debacle

thwgjacket

Varsity Lurker
How is Georgia State a D-1 program? They just got rocked by an FCS school for the second game in a row. UTC ( a middle of the road SoCon team) beat them 42-14 in front of a little over 5,000. I thought there were attendance regulations for being D-1. Can the NCAA make them move down?

GAST is like the new UGA engineering program, but in football.

How is Georgia State a D-1 program? They just got rocked by an FCS school for the second game in a row. UTC ( a middle of the road SoCon team) beat them 42-14 in front of a little over 5,000. I thought there were attendance regulations for being D-1. Can the NCAA make them move down?

The attendance requirement is an average >= 15,000 for home games over the season. But you only have to hit that requirement one out of every two years. i.e. You can be lower than 15,000 per game in a season, but you can't be lower than 15,000 per game for two seasons in a row.

The attendance requirement is an average >= 15,000 for home games over the season. But you only have to hit that requirement one out of every two years. i.e. You can be lower than 15,000 per game in a season, but you can't be lower than 15,000 per game for two seasons in a row.

and I'm sure it's tickets sold which is a BS statistic

"official" attendance today was 14,952.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332502247

AJC said:
The announced attendance was 14,952 and the actual attendance was 5,195, according to Georgia State, as the Panthers dropped their second consecutive game to an FCS-level opponent to open the season. Georgia State will play West Virginia in Morgantown next week.
AJC said:
The only excitement early for Georgia State’s students came at halftime when $10,000 in vouchers was released from the rafters in a “cash drop” promo. Each student may have gone home several hundred dollars richer.

Yikes. Times are rough down the road.

Well, they were picked to be the worst team in D1 this year. Looks like they are fulfilling that prophecy.

I remember some dwagfan telling me that Ga St would catch up and pass GT within five years......

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

I remember some dwagfan telling me that Ga St would catch up and pass GT within five years......

Ugag is the one that needs to worry about GAST. With their proximity to the Atlanta jail and courthouse, GAST has a leg up on the traditional Ugag recruits.

UTC could very well win the SoCon this year - somebody has to, since Southern and App State are ineligible (each playing with more than 63 scholarships as they make the transition to FBS).

Screw the evening school of commerce and their arrogant asswipe AD and coaches.

Can't wait to watch Southern CRUSH State whenever they play.

Probably next year when they are both members of the Sun Belt. Join the Journey! (as soon as I open my wrists in the bathtub....)

A better fight would be Savannah State vs Georgia State in the Why Are These Two Schools Still Funding a Football Program Bowl.

It made some sense for Georgia Southern to get into football, but Georgia State is a joke. They should fire everyone involved in making that decision. Atlanta has a lot of choices in entertainment while South Georgia only has a few. That's why it can work at Southern and not at State. The morons who decided it was a good idea are only costing students money that they could use to further their education. Georgia State is a decent school and should compete on that.

:bigcry:
It made some sense for Georgia Southern to get into football, but Georgia State is a joke. They should fire everyone involved in making that decision. Atlanta has a lot of choices in entertainment while South Georgia only has a few. That's why it can work at Southern and not at State. The morons who decided it was a good idea are only costing students money that they could use to further their education. Georgia State is a decent school and should compete on that.

You must enjoy the fat chicks that Lawrenceville is so famous for. College athletics are out of control and education has taken a back seat to some administrator getting his name on a building. You apparently aren't smart enough to realize that a commuter school isn't a good candidate for a football team.

You must enjoy the fat chicks that Lawrenceville is so famous for. College athletics are out of control and education has taken a back seat to some administrator getting his name on a building. You apparently aren't smart enough to realize that a commuter school isn't a good candidate for a football team.

Simply more

:bigcry:
bigcry

Wait till they play the real GSU in a year or two.

Back