Georgia State hires some former GT Coaches

Two guys that have intimate knowledge of the program. Would be a huge statement win for them if they pull it off.
Ehhh. We have a new DC so Sherrer will no little to nothing about our defense. Chaney was gone before Buster got here so he has no knowledge of how our current offense operates. @smokey_wasp hit the nail on the head. They were both unemployed and nearby.

Sherrer may have some insight on the players - who can do what, who struggles with this, etc.
Chaney less so.
As far as schemes are concerned, yeah, I don't think that's a big worry. Unless they're very good at breaking down footage and discerning tendencies.

Two guys that have intimate knowledge of the program. Would be a huge statement win for them if they pull it off.
They don’t even know their own players’ names, let alone who can do what for them. They’re not concerned about their former players now and won’t be they play.

It'll be a sad day if Tech ever loses to Georgia State. Have we or Georgia ever lost to any team in state besides each other?

It'll be a sad day if Tech ever loses to Georgia State. Have we or Georgia ever lost to any team in state besides each other?
I remember we were damn close to losing to Southern.... But that still turned out to be a great year!

I remember we were damn close to losing to Southern.... But that still turned out to be a great year!
2014 we were up 35-10 at half with nearly 400 yards offense. Went to sleep in 2H and let them come back. Only had like 65 yards offense until our last possession we ran right down the field and scored.

2016 we jumped out to 21-7 quick. Was 21-10 at half. Had an 18 point lead twice and they scored in the final minute to make the score somewhat close at 35-24 but was never really that close.

2014 we were up 35-10 at half with nearly 400 yards offense. Went to sleep in 2H and let them come back. Only had like 65 yards offense until our last possession we ran right down the field and scored.

2016 we jumped out to 21-7 quick. Was 21-10 at half. Had an 18 point lead twice and they scored in the final minute to make the score somewhat close at 35-24 but was never really that close.

GaSo gave uga a scare when CPJ was down there.

We had to convert a 4th and 3 on that game winning drive as I recall. Converting a 4th and 3 or losing I would say is damn close.

We had to convert a 4th and 3 on that game winning drive as I recall. Converting a 4th and 3 or losing I would say is damn close.
Never had to convert a 4th down. We had a 3rd and 7 at midfield and converted, then 3rd and 7 from the 13 and scored a TD. Could've kicked the FG there for overtime. Still too damn close, and yeah I wasn't saying the score wasn't close (waaay too close) at the end, but it was a flukey game because we pounded them in the first half then thought we could just cruise to victory.

Never had to convert a 4th down. We had a 3rd and 7 at midfield and converted, then 3rd and 7 from the 13 and scored a TD. Could've kicked the FG there for overtime. Still too damn close, and yeah I wasn't saying the score wasn't close (waaay too close) at the end, but it was a flukey game because we pounded them in the first half then thought we could just cruise to victory.
There wasn't a 4th and 3, where after the game CPJ said he told them wtte "we're gonna run the triple, it's what we do" or am I thinking of the wrong game?

Back