Georgia State hires some former GT Coaches

There wasn't a 4th and 3, where after the game CPJ said he told them wtte "we're gonna run the triple, it's what we do" or am I thinking of the wrong game?
Not in that game. I remember the instance you're talking about but cant remember against who.

Southern under Fritz took Georgia to overtime one year.

how about this scenario - Tech and GOL vs. Southern and PJ? It almost happened. My connections at Southern told me they were very close to signing a contract with Tech back in 98. But it fell through at the end. Can't remember what the sticking point was.
I do know PJ turned down $500K from Nebraska for a game out there in the late 90s.

2014 we were up 35-10 at half with nearly 400 yards offense. Went to sleep in 2H and let them come back. Only had like 65 yards offense until our last possession we ran right down the field and scored.

2016 we jumped out to 21-7 quick. Was 21-10 at half. Had an 18 point lead twice and they scored in the final minute to make the score somewhat close at 35-24 but was never really that close.
We were a replay away from losing that game.

"On first down, sophomore quarterback Favian Upshaw tried to pitch the ball to Matt Breida, but it was batted down by Yellow Jacket Jamal Golden and recovered by KeShun Freeman. The initial ruling on the field was an incomplete pass but after a look at the tape, the officials ruled that the ball was released at the 27-yard line and first touched at the 27 and therefore a backward pass and fumble. Up to that point, the Eagles had outgained Georgia Tech 379-83 in total yards in the second half."

We were a replay away from losing that game.

"On first down, sophomore quarterback Favian Upshaw tried to pitch the ball to Matt Breida, but it was batted down by Yellow Jacket Jamal Golden and recovered by KeShun Freeman. The initial ruling on the field was an incomplete pass but after a look at the tape, the officials ruled that the ball was released at the 27-yard line and first touched at the 27 and therefore a backward pass and fumble. Up to that point, the Eagles had outgained Georgia Tech 379-83 in total yards in the second half."
Going back to that game, the pivotal moment was the first third down of the second half. Tech made the stop, Southern was going to have to punt on third and a MARTA stop. But there was a needless roughing the passer penalty. Southern kept the ball, drove down, scored and took momentum.
It was reminiscent of Sneezy hitting Logan Thomas late and keeping that drive alive when Tech had VPI down by double digits and that sparked their comeback.
Except in 2014, Justin Thomas happened.

Back