Georgia Tech Fights

yes, I believe the 98 fight was the Halloween fight. The fight was pretty hilarious--how often do you get to see Peter Pan punching Superman.

I was an SAE pledge in '98. It was a great fight. I got kicked in the head by Boss Hog, a sophomore SAE, while I was on the ground wrestling with someone. I also watched Tinkerbell punch a guy over a car parked on the street. All I know is that we only had one guy end up in the hospital, but reports came back there were about 2 dozen from the 4 fraternities. It seemed like it lasted for hours, but I am sure it was about 5 minutes. I can't imagine what the 4 cops that broke it up thought when they pulled up.

I was an SAE pledge in '98. It was a great fight. I got kicked in the head by Boss Hog, a sophomore SAE, while I was on the ground wrestling with someone. I also watched Tinkerbell punch a guy over a car parked on the street. All I know is that we only had one guy end up in the hospital, but reports came back there were about 2 dozen from the 4 fraternities. It seemed like it lasted for hours, but I am sure it was about 5 minutes. I can't imagine what the 4 cops that broke it up thought when they pulled up.
:laugher: That's pretty damn funny.

And, about our Dog getting shaved, summer of '99, I'm pretty sure he was spray painted. You may have been thinking about the previous dog (pre '94), but I dont' remember the 2nd dog getting shaved. It has been many years and many beers, later, so I could have forgotten.

Was definitely shaved...I was not there in '94. Maybe someone else spraypainted though before we shaved? One of our brothers was stupid enough to bring the dog back down to your house and tell you guys who did it. Next thing I knew there were fire extinguishers thrown through our windows duck taped in the on position...Ahhh, good times.

Was definitely shaved...I was not there in '94. Maybe someone else spraypainted though before we shaved? One of our brothers was stupid enough to bring the dog back down to your house and tell you guys who did it. Next thing I knew there were fire extinguishers thrown through our windows duck taped in the on position...Ahhh, good times.

Was Mike Flynn involved in the actual fight? If so I'd like to know how many people he fishooked or bit during the fight. If there's one man I'm afraid of in a brawl its him.

All I know is that we only had one guy end up in the hospital, but reports came back there were about 2 dozen from the 4 fraternities.

I think that hospital number got blown out of proportion quite a bit, but that was a fun fight. I *may* have been involved. The people getting slammed into the truck in front of the E house really got the worst of it. I think fighting on Halloween should be a mandatory policy on campus.

Georgia Tech Fights. Erm.. would that bee in the West? Every year? 'Specially against the dawgs? Mmmm.. yes I seem to remember drunks roaming around and beating the crap out of one another back in the old days. I literally saw a couple of guys beating the hell out of one another towards the North and then came back later heading South and they were still moving and punching themselves in the head bloody noses, cursing, etc.. In the Lower West. I was prolly 11 years old. Late 60s. The thrown Whiskey Bottle. Fans carried out on stretchers periodically. Go figure. You guys just missed it.

Was Mike Flynn involved in the actual fight? If so I'd like to know how many people he fishooked or bit during the fight. If there's one man I'm afraid of in a brawl its him.

Nah, Flynn wasn't there yet. I pledged in '98 and he was a year or two behind me, can't remember. Definitely a crazy one though...

What you doing at USC? Law school?

I think fighting on Halloween should be a mandatory policy on campus.

In '92 we (obviously a Phi Delt) had a fight with the SAE's on Halloween on Fowler Street - it was 3 Phi's dressed as KISS talking trash to 3 SAE's dressed as KISS, and then the punches were flying.

By the way, that was the year that I dressed up as an SAE for Halloween.

I think that hospital number got blown out of proportion quite a bit, but that was a fun fight. I *may* have been involved. The people getting slammed into the truck in front of the E house really got the worst of it. I think fighting on Halloween should be a mandatory policy on campus.

I was wondering when CDK would chime in. That wasn't the same fight that Happy Fun Ball gave the Big SAE a purple nurple was it?

Nah, Flynn wasn't there yet. I pledged in '98 and he was a year or two behind me, can't remember. Definitely a crazy one though...

What you doing at USC? Law school?

Yea i realized after I asked that Flynn was a year or two younger. Im at USC for law school and hopefully done either December or next April...probably looking to return to Atlanta. Now that Carter moved out to Chucktown I've got no degenerate fraternity brothers to drink with so have to come back to GA.

We had several run-ins with our neighbors over the years. I only remember one dust up with the ATO's, a few with everyone else. I still remember in 1992 or 1993 when it snowed and everyone left on campus (it seemed) started throwing snowballs rocks and bricks at the SAE house.....until the SAE's came outside. Then it was like a bunch of gazelle trying to escape a lion. People tripping and pushing each other in their haste to get away. Good times....

The SAE snow-fight was 95. I was asleep - woke up and it was snowing, 2-3 inches on the ground. There was a trash-can full of cold beer cans on the corner of 5th and Techwood. - Then all hell broke lose. I don't remember the scattering. I remember a SAE swinging a golf club and getting hit with 200 snowballs.

The '95 snow fight was the second time that it happened while I was there. The first was a few years before then. But you are right....we always laughed at the brother who was trying to defend the house with a golf club against snowballs. The '95 incident was smaller than the earlier one.

Back