GEORGIA TECH vs clemsom Gameday Thread

Nesbitt gives it his all, but I can not wait until we have a QB that has any type of passing ability at all.

We could use some receivers that don't drop passes that hit them in their hands. We have been snake bitten since Bey-Bey dropped the 4th down pass vs. UGA.

50 yards of penalties by special teams alone and what essentially is a turnover with that roughing the kicker penalty. I will now start calling it the "special" teams. That doesn't explain why our offense is sucking but they certainly set the tone after the defense forced a great 3-and-out on Clemson's first possession.

50 yards of penalties by special teams alone and what essentially is a turnover with that roughing the kicker penalty. I will now start calling it the "special" teams.

Their poor tackling has almost allowed Clemson to break a return too.

Their poor tackling has almost allowed Clemson to break a return too.

I attribute that to lack of talent in 1-on-1 situations. If one of our guys get beat 1-on-1, whatever, he's just not as skilled as the other guy. Fine. I can live with that.

However... roughing the kicker, late hit personal fouls are just retarded decisions that doesn't have anything to do with talent. It sucks we're losing the 1-on-1 battles but we don't have to pile it on by making stupid decisions that doesn't need to be made.

If we don't commit that penalty on the punt, then we may only be down 10-3 and feeling pretty good. It just goes to show that dumb mistakes will come back to bite you.

If we don't commit that penalty on the punt, then we may only be down 10-3 and feeling pretty good. It just goes to show that dumb mistakes will come back to bite you.

And if Hill catches that ball in the end zone ..... but, it is what it is and we're down 14

We could use some receivers that don't drop passes that hit them in their hands. We have been snake bitten since Bey-Bey dropped the 4th down pass vs. UGA.

Sad thing is O. Smith is our best receiver... He is a hell of a player.

Exactly.

I mean, we haven't forced Clemson to punt in the ACCCG and our defense stands up and forces a 3-and-out on the first possession and Kelly calls for a punt block? Especially with Jerrard out there waiting for the punt? Ugh. When's the last time we blocked a punt?

If you remember, it was a three and out and the crowd sounded a bit depressed. After the roughing the kicker, Clemson had the big TD run, the crowd got into it in a big way and Clemson's D probably played a step better than they would have otherwise and our O played a bit worse.

Thankfully, our last drive settled them down a bit. Grind out a touchdown drive and stop them their first offensive series, we are looking pretty good and Clemson has a lot less momentum.

I mean, we haven't forced Clemson to punt in the ACCCG and our defense stands up and forces a 3-and-out on the first possession and Kelly calls for a punt block? Especially with Jerrard out there waiting for the punt? Ugh. When's the last time we blocked a punt?

Must have seen something in their blocking scheme we thought we could exploit. Almost got it, too.

Back