Getting over our inferioty complex with UGA...

georgia doesnt consider us a rival because they have won 7 in arow....
i was talking with a uga fan today and he said it was like the UT vandy rivalry, because UT won 20 out of 21, and almost more before that...they apparently just dont see us as a rival
Bull. See what the players have to say and see what happens when we beat them and you'll know the truth. Also if they don't have it in for us why does every Tech article in the AJC bring out the nuts and idiots? The fan you were talking to is either too young to understand or just trying to get your goat.

The spelling mistake in the thread title is driving me crazy and they wont let me change it.

"inferiority"

Athens is a house of cards. I have several family members that are alumni and big supporters. The talk is already thick about how Richt is too nice and he can't win the big games. There is a strong sentiment that he had championship talent this year and squandered it. All it will take is a loss to us and the sky will fall on Muttville.

For you young guys that missed the Donnan era, it is very enjoyable.

And for the inferiority issues, used car sales and bbq shack management is seriously over-rated.

I never want UGA to win, but it's mainly out of spite to their obnoxious fans. I give them absolutely zero thought from Sunday through Friday.

The UGA alums I've met have actually all been great and seem to be able to keep things in perspective. The people I usually spar with are a few people I know, including some friends, that went to (and may or may not have graduated from) Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Kennesaw State, and even a former Tech classmate (don't ask me to explain that one, because I can't make sense of her convolutions and probably agree with her on absolutely nothing anyway). Those were the people that received a heavy dose of my snark after the Alabama and Florida losses. I have a feeling that any UGA alum worth a damn in life doesn't have much reason for going back to Athens most Saturdays, so that leaves the drunk bums and sidewalk fantards.

Bless your heart and most importantly congratulations on your TECH degree. You probably don't understand what a valuable thing you've done for yourself and your future family.

I'm an oldtimer so I can't really respond to your post in the way you were looking. But I have to pitch in at every opportunity to say if you're a Tech fan and you havn't whooped a mutt's hind end today you're not worth your salt.

It's ugly. It's mean. And it's real.

...When we take a couple of games away from them, their fan base is ready to implode. Between 1998 and 2000, UGA fans were out for blood with their own. It will happen again. And it will happen soon.

+ Infinity to BOR

I couldn't agree more.

I've been a Tech fan for 44 years. It is in my DNA to hate U(sic)GA. I hate everything about them.

I didn't make up this line but I agree with it - "If UGA was playing the Taliban I'd root for the Taliban."

It takes absolutely no courage or conviction to be a U(sic)GA fan. All it takes is $10 and a trip to Wal-Mart. You have to WANT to be a Tech fan, and because of that we have some very passionate fans. We don't have as many fans as the mutts but trust me when I say there are a lot of us that bleed white and gold. And all of us want nothing more than to "piss on em."

BOR is right on the money - when we start winning some games against them (I believe real soon) then you better believe they'll start paying attention to us. In fact, you'll see them throwing St. Mark under the bus so fast you won't believe it.

There's nothing more enjoyable than an angry mutt fan.

Good Job BoR. Go back to 84 and 85 when they wanted to hang prince drooley, that will show you how much they care.

Boys, they are nervous. Let's get through Thursday night and then let the nadlicker bashing begin.

Agreed, there's a reason the books' title was 'GOOD, OLD FASHIONED HATE!'

However, I tend to ignore them except when playing GT, much less wasted energy exp;ended that way. Like a daughter-in-law of mine, a UGA grad, says "It's like two mules fighting over a turnip!'

sigged. This now ranks as one of my all time favorite things said on any message board.

...It takes absolutely no courage or conviction to be a U(sic)GA fan. ...You have to WANT to be a Tech fan, and because of that we have some very passionate fans.

This describes me. I suppose I could have jumped ship since I graduated from UGA --but I never did despite the BL era and the hiring of CG, which looking back I suppose presented two opportunities for me to go to the dark side.

But the fact that I do loathe the UGA program and I do WANT to be a Tech fan assured that would never happen. I couldn't imagine being more passionate for one program and detesting another as I am with GT/UGA.

I became a fan of GT when we were kicking UGA's butt regularly in the 50s. We were in the SEC then and the game was important on more than just the rivalry level, but it has been significant to both school's fans for the over 50 years I've been around. It will continue to be the most wanted win on our schedule for the foreseeable future even if we're both 2-9 going in.

I became a fan of GT when we were kicking UGA's butt regularly in the 50s.

I didn't know my dad posted on StingTalk. :laugher: Seriously though b-series, you and my dad could probably swap some stories.

He grew up near Tech and likes to talk about the '50s --sneaking into Grant Field over on the North-West side, selling programs during the '52 season as a kid, and at least every-other game I take him to he mentions the old pool hall on North Ave --west of Spring St (I generally ride Marta to games so we walk right by the building).

It takes absolutely no courage or conviction to be a U(sic)GA fan. All it takes is $10 and a trip to Wal-Mart. You have to WANT to be a Tech fan, and because of that we have some very passionate fans. We don't have as many fans as the mutts but trust me when I say there are a lot of us that bleed white and gold. And all of us want nothing more than to "piss on em."
To be a Tech fan, as opposed to a UGA fan, you also need to read above a third grade level. I'd throw a comment in about personal hygiene as well, but if you've ever been in the states cluster, you'd know that's not true...

I don't have an inferiority complex when it comes to Athens Primate Academy. I know I'm better then them. I've restricted my sexual conquests to non-family members of my own species. UGA fans are lower then dirt. If you want proof, take a trip to Athens this year, for their "non-rivalry" game, and see how you're treated. In 2003, they cut trees down on campus. ****ing trees. They epitomize worthless. Their prestigious football history is a schizophrenic running back and seven ugly dogs. To love Georgia Tech means you hate Georgia. There is no compromise on this.

Re: Getting over our inferiority complex with UGA...

Here is what i fear with about 3 minutes left and us ahead by a field goal ,we turn it over and they score

I didn't know my dad posted on StingTalk. :laugher: Seriously though b-series, you and my dad could probably swap some stories.

He grew up near Tech and likes to talk about the '50s --sneaking into Grant Field over on the North-West side, selling programs during the '52 season as a kid, and at least every-other game I take him to he mentions the old pool hall on North Ave --west of Spring St (I generally ride Marta to games so we walk right by the building).

Your Dad sounds like a grand young man, GT65.

Back