Gibbs, Mason, Griffin, Amerson...

With all the players gone and staff changes, which rebuild will be greater, 2018 or 2022?
2022's rebuild will be bigger. In 2018 players were excited by all the new coaches and changes. They had positive attitudes which helped them play better. Players now see that CGC may not be that good of a coach. The "culture" has imploded because while it might have been built on love it was the wrong kind of love. If you really love your players then you need to push them to be great. Not pamper them with dip walks and whatever. They were told they were elite when they still needed to be coached up which blustered their pride. Why strive to play better when you're always told you're elite? None of this was the players fault. It was the coaches around them, mainly Collins which feed them a spoon full of lies instead of being honest with them. (Granted I do not know what is said in the locker room) The players see that now and Collins is struggling to hold it all together. The reason we signed the Long and Tillman (eh coaches) was because no other coaches wants to come coach under a broken system. Next year's rebuild will be harder because its been built on an already cracked foundation.

2022's rebuild will be bigger. In 2018 players were excited by all the new coaches and changes. They had positive attitudes which helped them play better. Players now see that CGC may not be that good of a coach. The "culture" has imploded because while it might have been built on love it was the wrong kind of love. If you really love your players then you need to push them to be great. Not pamper them with dip walks and whatever. They were told they were elite when they still needed to be coached up which blustered their pride. Why strive to play better when you're always told you're elite? None of this was the players fault. It was the coaches around them, mainly Collins which feed them a spoon full of lies instead of being honest with them. (Granted I do not know what is said in the locker room) The players see that now and Collins is struggling to hold it all together. The reason we signed the Long and Tillman (eh coaches) was because no other coaches wants to come coach under a broken system. Next year's rebuild will be harder because its been built on an already cracked foundation.
It just sucks, because if the legs weren't knocked off from underneath the program before, they really seem to be now.

I hurts to lose players but I really don't think Tech has any more players in the portal and other teams. The portal has changed college football be it for the better or worse.
No doubt it’s better for the Football Factories and makes winning even harder for the Georgia Techs of college football.

2022 is not a rebuild for anything other than the bank account so we can afford to fire knuckle-head and hire a coach that is at least on the “B-List” and respectable. We will be lucky to win 2 games next year.

The true “rebuild” won’t start until 2023.

If I were a decent RB, I would be eager to play at GT. With not so good QB play, that means you have to rely on the run, more often. An argument could be made, that we have a poor O-line.

If we need a big bruising RB for short yardage why not Demetrius Knight? He was recruited as an option QB.
There is a FR named Efford at LB, but at 220 was a BULL RB in hi school.We should use him.

If I were a decent RB, I would be eager to play at GT. With not so good QB play, that means you have to rely on the run, more often. An argument could be made, that we have a poor O-line.
could be made? I think that's a definite. And when you have an awful line and your qb can't hit water from the beach....I'd say stacking the box is a given and why Gibbs got the hell out. Probably wants to live to see 24 and get at least a few checks from Sunday Play. He probably wouldn't have remained healthy at Tech

Back