2. Stay focused in my drinking game
3. Overreact to everything in the slack chat

1. Crush Notre Dame
2. See them driven before you
3. Hear the lamentation of their women

1. Stop the run
2. No big negative/WTF plays
3. 1st down success - Keep favorable down and distance

Not a lot different than any other game really IMO.

Two keys really:

1. Don't turn the ball over more than ND does.

2. Force at least 3 ND punts.

If we do both of those, we win the game.

Agree with you .....turnovers in a hostile stadium aint cool.I think we whip them but if we get off to bad start with penalties etc we could be in for a hell of a fight.:furious:

I;ll do the 5 most important.....................

It is critical at halftime that -

1) Replace the band w/ 200 nuns singing the fight song of the Notre Dame Anger Managees, followed by a marvelously choreographed nunchuck exhibition extrordinare (with real, live children!!! :))))

2) Followed by Sandusky's "Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me?" aria.

3) If ND really has the fire in their belly, they need to ditch the uniforms, and wear papal garb, including the banana hat. Except for the QB. Issue him a halo.

4) Lots of incense on 3rd down (during the game, of course) so GT can't see where the ball is.

5) 25 public lashings to any fumbler. Then they must be taken to the dungeon under the playing field for further re-education.

You messed up with number 2 there murph. Now it's open season.

-Win the turnover battle. Pretty self explanatory.

-Pressure the QB while maintaining good coverage. I realize that might sound like 2 but if we can keep Kizer's options limited AND pressure him, we can control the pass game and make them one dimensional. If we make them run the ball, they won't do it effectively no matter how big their O line is.

-Permiter blocking. We have to be able to maintain the exceptional blocking from the ABs and WRs that we had last year. That makes a huge difference in our offense.

Back