Glimpse at the New Unis

example of not-allowed jersey number:
black-jersey-blog-274x300.jpg

not sure if this would be allowed, but i think you can get an exemption from the NCAA anyway (like Boise State will try to do apparently to keep that black jersey like that)
gt.jpg

personally, i dont think the honeycomb violates the rule since the entire number is still blue and clearly distinguishable and contrasting with the other primary color, white; but one can never tell what the NCAA thinks, they are not logical

Arizona's new uni has the fade numbers.

Pretty awesome website. I'm a little disappointed it didn't have historical unis (at least for us). Nothing pre-2000s.

And for the record, I think the 2007 away unis are the sharpest we've worn. We should make those permanent, home and away.

It's funny how the 2008 white uniform almost looks like a classic compared to the evolving ööööstorm that has followed. That was really controversial back then, but now it looks extremely reserved.

I find it funny that the "Gold" pants in the russell promo photo are nowhere near the gold of the pants worn on field. The pants in the promo photo actually look pretty good.

these might be my favorites from the CPJ era

090113_tech_football_JC4.JPG

Agreed. Clean, keeping the silliness to a minimum (no hexacombs, weird piping, or anything like that). Also seems to be the correct shade of gold.

Can't wait to see our colored alternates and our throwbacks. But I like what I'm seeing so far. Way to go, Russell!

Stingtalkers have correctly suggested correlation between the quality of the uniform with the quality of play. We looked good and played well yesterday.

Stingtalkers have correctly suggested correlation between the quality of the uniform with the quality of play. We looked good and played well yesterday.

And surprisingly beat a team wearing Nike uniforms.

Back